Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back...for now.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
About three weeks ago I woke up to find that I had lost feeling on the left side of my face and had develkoped a tic in my left eye. A subsequent MR identified a lesion in my brain. So for the last few weeks I have been in hospital and convalescing. I have been diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting MS but the doctors have caught it right at the beginning and they are very confident that they've got in hand. I've been very lucky that the local hospital in İzmir has the third best MS department in Europe. Surprising I know. I have to say the way I've been looked after is light years ahead of NHS.

I have 99% feeling back now but stuck on diet and cortisone for anotherr two months and will have to take a jab for the rest of my life probably but otherwise I feel as good as new and the doctors reckon I may not have another attack for years, if at all.

Of course what this does (apart from giving you a huge slap of mortality) is make you reassess your life and quite rightly my family has subsequently been boosted above the Seagulls in my affections so I may not be around as much for the moment but my love of eveything Brighton is undimmed and I will be back listening to SeagullsWorld tonight so hope to see you to comment on NSC.

Oh and CKR is going nowehere.... except inside his head. ;)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Here's hoping you're over the worst of it, mate!

:thumbsup:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
President Bartlett had Relapsing Remitting MS in The West Wing.

OK so that's probably not much comfort to you and a pretty useless fact but just think, one day you too could be the president in a TV series :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
President Bartlett had Relapsing Remitting MS in The West Wing.

OK so that's probably not much comfort to you and a pretty useless fact but just think, one day you too could be the president in a TV series :thumbsup:

That's a thought.... think I'll settle for being a good husband and father for now ;)

Thanks for the thoughts... yes its been a crazy month... have to say that one of the things that kept my sane in hospital was Seaguılls World and listening to the games but really wasn't in much of a mood to interact. Especially as I was spending six hours a day strapped to an IV.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They suspect I had an attack in 2002. Left side of my body went numb after an infection. At the time it was diagnosed as Vitamin B deficency (was in Poland at the time) and I didn't have an MR but the doctors here say it was a classic case. It would also make sense as I was 35 at the time. To have MS appear after 40 is quite rare.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
good to have youy back mate....keep positive and listen to what they tell you.

regards
dtg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did you not THINK about the side effects of searching out photos of anna

14262032_1177055309_anna_semenovich_002.jpg

Hope I havent triggered a replase.

don't want to much blood running around the system..........

by the way where are the then best two places to have ms?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
That's a thought.... think I'll settle for being a good husband and father for now ;)

Thanks for the thoughts... yes its been a crazy month... have to say that one of the things that kept my sane in hospital was Seaguılls World and listening to the games but really wasn't in much of a mood to interact. Especially as I was spending six hours a day strapped to an IV.

Surely not?! Its driven me insane anyway.

Good to have you back posting by the way. :thumbsup:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I really wish you well....we just plod on through life taking everything for granted and BANG, something like this hits you and it puts everything into perspective.

My wife (aged 39) had a stroke last year...not a nasty one but enough to make you sit up and think how bad things could've been. She's made a full recovery now but it was a worrying 6 months.

Good luck fella

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Good luck. My mother-in-law had MS in the 70s. She was wasn't given much of a chance of recovery back then.

But she did recover. And 35 years on, it hasn't come back. She's now 83, and "younger" than most people 20 years her junior.

So it can be beaten.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I really should have expected that from you !!!!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Maybe it was divine retribution!!!! I hereby renounce Anna ther Semen Queen for my lovely wife!!!

And no more piccies like that please......... for a while. :blush:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
don't want to much blood running around the system..........

by the way where are the then best two places to have ms?

I actually don't know the answer to that.. just goign on what I've been told... why? Do you want to know just in case????

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Keep your pecker up Sully. Good to have you back amongst the bennys.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
bloody hell, sully how scary. it is good to see you back on here, we hope things continue to go well for you.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I really wish you well....we just plod on through life taking everything for granted and BANG, something like this hits you and it puts everything into perspective.

My wife (aged 39) had a stroke last year...not a nasty one but enough to make you sit up and think how bad things could've been. She's made a full recovery now but it was a worrying 6 months.

Good luck fella

Thanks for your thoughts Jevs.... hope your wife stays free..... some of you may know my connection with Radomiak 1910.... well the guy who runs the British site recently lost his wife to cancer after three years of hope dashed by grief.... compared to what he's been through I've been terribly terribly lucky and what humbles me is that over the last two weeks despite his grief and those of his kids he was constanly emailing me for updates. I wish I could believe that I could be so thoughtful in such circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here