Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baby abuse death,reveiw ordered.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This is an absolute disgrace. I've just seen it on the news. The whole thing has sickened me and made me very sad. Those responsible should lose their jobs instantly. As you say, there will probably be a couple of coats of whitewash thrown over the whole thing but a young baby has needlessly lost it's life.

As for those C*nts who did it, I hope they get beaten alive inside prison. If there is any justice in this world, it will happen. I'd kill 'em if I got my hands on them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm gobsmacked no-one will lose their job over this or want to resign or the statement that says no-one should feel they should lose their job...60 visits, police enquiry called off the day before the baby died, the health visitor failed to spot the broken ribs and broken back 2 days before the death and all in Haringay where Victoria Climbie met a similar fate.

Most of all though I can't even conceive the evil minds that would do this. When I try to conceive this horror or even watch the news about it I feel both sick and my eyes water. I'm not religious, but in times like this my human nature wishes there is a 'God' to bless this baby with love and take him to a truly better place and reciprocally I hope there is a hell for those who were supposed to endow love and care on the baby.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
twickers,i dont think the 'state' sackings ? As for resign,surely this can be put down to system failure ? :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 'system' will always fail, all the time the law insists children and parents should stay together.

I bet you, ALL the people you want sacked have said words to the effect of 'this isn't right those kids should be out of there'.

But rightly or wrongly it just isn't that easy.

If it were you would now be saying 'Social Services came round and took my kids, just because 1 fell off the slide'.

No it's not right but it's the whole picture at fault, not the 'foot soliders'.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This is an absolute disgrace. I've just seen it on the news. The whole thing has sickened me and made me very sad. Those responsible should lose their jobs instantly. As you say, there will probably be a couple of coats of whitewash thrown over the whole thing but a young baby has needlessly lost it's life.

As for those C*nts who did it, I hope they get beaten alive inside prison. If there is any justice in this world, it will happen. I'd kill 'em if I got my hands on them.

You have just saved me typing loads of words, Cheers, I could'nt agree more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OOh, but formal "disciplinairy letters" have been given to the social workers who failed to protect this child. They couldn't go any further than that though apparently, because of a "lack of evidence". I'd have thought a battered dead toddler laying in a morgue would have been evidence enough, but hey.

Still, we can all rest assured that "LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED".
Just like last time.

Cazza

Sep 8, 2008
its not a 'system' failure its an individual failure on a behalf of a number of people. failing to miss some of the most obvious causes of child abuse i have ever read.

what about the doctor who i hope will be disciplined by the GMC for not noticing the broken ribs or back.

as i grew up in care i know what i am talking about.

its disgusting but to think it will change is laughable.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Instead of getting on high horses, wringing hands and peeling onions, why not get a job as a social worker and improve the system from within?

Just In Hell Didn't Anyone Spot This - His Face Is Cut And Bruised He Is Missing A Part Of A Finger, He Has A Lump Missing From His Head, His Ear Lob Is Torn.

Ffs

He Is Being Tortured.

Heads Need To Roll.

Not Clamping Up.

I Hope The Daily Mail - Now Goes Gun Ho - Attacking Haringey Ss - A Far Better Usage Of Its Influence Than Hounding Celebrities,

Instead of getting on high horses, wringing hands and peeling onions, why not get a job as a social worker and improve the system from within?

BECAUSE as i posted on another post - its a crap job, under paid, can be dangerous, under resourced, poor management and with a very high burn out factor.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The 'system' will always fail, all the time the law insists children and parents should stay together.

I bet you, ALL the people you want sacked have said words to the effect of 'this isn't right those kids should be out of there'.

But rightly or wrongly it just isn't that easy.

If it were you would now be saying 'Social Services came round and took my kids, just because 1 fell off the slide'.

No it's not right but it's the whole picture at fault, not the 'foot soliders'.
I think you're right. I must admit that my first thought at hearing the news is that it sounded like a white wash, but I got thinking about it later on the train. Sacking somebody in social services isn't going to bring the child back, and I think some sections of society that are demanding the sacking of staff might be simply carrying the guilt of our entire society on their shoulders - because our society allowed this to happen. This is a society that prints and buys endless shite celeb cossip magazines and papers, yet doesn't seem interested in what's going on in the lives of neighbours until it's too late. This kid had fingernails, fingertips missing, it's ear partially ripped off and it's back broken. Is that really entirely the fault of the social worker?

If you ask me, it sounds like the system needs changing rather than the apparently overworked personnel...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BECAUSE as i posted on another post - its a crap job, under paid, can be dangerous, under resourced, poor management and with a very high burn out factor.
Just the sort of person to hound out of a job to satsify an ill-informed lynch mob then. That way, we'll have even fewer social workers to do the work you wouldn't go near with a barge pole.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The fact that disciplinary letters have been sent, must mean that procedures were not followed. In this case, I have to say that the death of this poor defenceless child merits sackings.

Having said that, the job of a social worker is one that very few of us would ever do. Its thankless. You get dammed if you take a child away from parents and dammed if you don’t.

I know from going through the adoption process and talking to my social worker that sometimes it’s a very fine judgement call. The welfare of the child must be first and foremost. Policy is that wherever possible children should be kept with their families. Where the family cant look after a child, then they are taken from their parents. But social services, quite rightly have to prove to a Judge that every step has been followed correctly, unless of course their is immediate danger. I’m sure we wouldn’t want children taken from families just because a social worker says so.

In this sad case, the mother did everything in her power to conceal the abuse that the child was suffering and unfortunately it would appear that the social worker instead of keeping the welfare of the child in her mind, may have allowed the feelings of the mother to come into things.

Certainly, there seems to be a number of failures. The social worker failed in her job, the police in theirs and the Dr not diagnosing a broken spine in hers. Many heads should roll in this one.

Having said that, ultimately it was the evilness of the mother, boyfriend and other bloke who were responsible. And yes, I hope they suffer in this life and the next.

God rest that poor little boy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just the sort of person to hound out of a job to satsify an ill-informed lynch mob then. That way, we'll have even fewer social workers to do the work you wouldn't go near with a barge pole.
people are understandably angry, give the extent of the childs injuries , surely there must have been negligence involved ? there is just no way they could/should have been missed , i think people should certainly be looking to the doctor for an explanation as well , but the term ill informed lynch mob is unjustified.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The child was on the "at risk" register. The police recommended to Social Services that the child be taken out of there. There were bits of the childs body damaged or missing. Yet the social workers decided against the police advice AND all the signs that were staring them in the face during these MONTHS of abuse, and left that child in the parents "care".

I'm not saying social workers have got an easy job, but come on. When you stack it all up in this case, it is utterly inconceivable how they failed to take any action to protect this poor little lad. Inconceivable. And heads should roll, because if the decision-makers who were involved are incapable of making the right decisions, as has so tragically proved to be the case, then they are not fit for purpose in their role.

Rule 1: A negligent officer cannot be allowed to operate in child protection services .

Officer(s) failed to do there duty here. This was not a case of missing the signs once.

Any individual injury recorded above - indicates - violence againgst the baby.The child welfare comes first.

The catalogue of violence means that child must be removed from that home.

This isn't about getting the balance right, it was off the scale, what was it 60 separate visits for a baby.

Haringey SS have failed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think I did a very good job of explaining my position. I agree with most of what has been said since my last post, but to say "heads should roll", well which heads? My concern is that heads might well roll if enough pressure is exerted, but I wouldn't be so sure that the *right* heads rolled. You can't sack people without evidence that they failed to do their jobs properly. I would say the only person who is bang to rights is the doctor who failed to spot a BROKEN BACK. I mean what the f*** is he being paid for if he can't spot that? The negligence of social services must surely be much harder to pin down...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here