Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ay Caramba...bye bye Simpsons....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Fox group,owned by Murdoch announced today that the 'Simpsons' will end if the voice actors do not take a 45% pay cut,they are paid $8 million a year each....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pretty decent pay for what they do! Granted, the Simpsons is a cash cow. I still think that Futurama would have been far more popular had it come first.

Didn't 'Bart Simpson' have a small part in 'City Slickers'? Love that film!

Maybe reached the end of the road, anyway?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I can't manage the maths, but wouldn't they all be better off as tube train drivers?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I remember that Mark McGhee made a guest appearance on the Simpsons 20th Anniversary special discussing whether Groundskeeper Willie was from Aberdeen or Glasgow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw an article in which it mentioned that the voice actors constantly ramped up their demands for increases far and above what could be thought of as reasonable. I think they should take the cut especially in the current climate.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given the billions of dollars that the simpsons make through tv sales, dvds, video games, all those toys that all feature the voices of the actors involved, I find it hard to begrudge them a cut of that. It is their talent that brings the entire project to life. The writers come and go, the artists are copying Matt Groening's work (and you better believe he more than well compensated for his key contribution), and they (the artists) come and go. The cast have dedicate over 20 years of their life to making this show the global and cultural phenomenom it became. I'm not going to begrudge them the money.

I once was introduced to Matt Groenig, and had to confess at the time (for our mutual friend's profuse intro, this is THE Matt Groenig of Simpsons fame) I hadn't heard about him or seen this 'Simpsons' of which he spoke. My friend then revealed his other cartoon fame was 'Life in Hell', which I didn't particularly like all that much - so I gave a cursory handshake and changed the subject.

Who knows, but with my dulcet vocal abilities I might have been swimming in luvverly money by now :down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For $8m a year is there a cushier job on the planet!?!?! Unreal money for standing in front of a microphone uttering a few words. I wonder how their salaries compare to the cartoonists in Asia who sweat their butts off on the animation for The Simpsons.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky One will have to close down!

Agree with sentiments already posted. Well past it's best.

For $8m a year is there a cushier job on the planet!?!?! Unreal money for standing in front of a microphone uttering a few words. I wonder how their salaries compare to the cartoonists in Asia who sweat their butts off on the animation for The Simpsons.

I agree to a point, but it's the same issue as there was with (for example) Friends or Frasier before when their actors have been paid crazy money - if the money wasn't going to the voice artists/actors it would presumably be going to TV executives for taking the complete non-risk of commissioning another series, rather than the Asian cartoonists. I'd much rather the actors got the money than the TV company.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's a hell of a lot of money for what must be one of the easiest jobs in the world.

They are hardly actors all they have to do is read a script, they have just perfected a funny voice, its the writers and cartoonists that do 99% of the work

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The show has been dead for years and should have been killed off long ago.

There are young people today who'll see the more recent episodes and just not understand what all the fuss was about. Seasons 1 - 8 are untouchable but everything since has been consistently poor and it's a travesty that the shell of the show it is now carries the same name as the peerless programme it was in the 90s.

Dead Homer Society is a great site celebrating the show's early years and lambasting what it has become as "zombie Simpsons". Worth a look if you're a fan

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty decent pay for what they do! Granted, the Simpsons is a cash cow. I still think that Futurama would have been far more popular had it come first.

Didn't 'Bart Simpson' have a small part in 'City Slickers'? Love that film!

Not sure about Bart, but the lady who voices Lisa appears at the start of the film stating she is pregnant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here