Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Tickets Next Season

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Apologies if this has been brought up already, couldnt see anything recently about it. With so many season ticket holders next year, how will the priority for away tickets work, especially the high profile ones, Palace, Southampton etc?

Will previous booking history be looked at? I'm sure I am not the only person who has not renewed my season ticket but gone as a friend of someone in a higher priority period for season tickets, so my booking history would be blank!!

Anyone have any ideas on this?

SB

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It will be done on a points system , 1901ers will be given so many points to start with to ensure they are number 1 priority followed by STH's. I expect the take up for top away games from 1901ers will be near 100% as those who don't go to away games will apply for mates or relatives. Previous booking history will only go back 2 years if this is taken into consideration as this was when the database was last revamped and scrubbed. Non STH's and fans who live up north will find it difficult to get tickets for some away matches as their points tally will be crap in comparison to 1901ers & STH's.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
how bigger gap would you say between 1901er and STH - I have no interest in being a 1901er (not my cup of tea) , but i've missed something like 7 games home and away in the last 2 seasons (since the new database has been up and running) will this put me equal do you reckon? or ahead ? or still below?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd be more than happy to apply for tickets for northern away games i have no intention of going to with the view to pass them onto an exiled seagull who hasnt got a season ticket.
i'm only really interested in london away games and other localish ones so if anyones interested in this arrangement feel free to PM me. Wasters or headcases need not apply.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I cannot see us selling out tickets to Burnley / Middlesborough / Hull or other northern away games. Points awarded for attending these games are likely to be more than for say Palace / Millwall / Saints away and so for regular northern exiled fans if they attend these games they will be building their points on the database. All they have to remember is to buy tickets through the BHA ticket office and not pay on the day.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
how bigger gap would you say between 1901er and STH - I have no interest in being a 1901er (not my cup of tea) , but i've missed something like 7 games home and away in the last 2 seasons (since the new database has been up and running) will this put me equal do you reckon? or ahead ? or still below?

My guess would be 1901ers are given 1000 points , STH's are given 500 points , additional points given for away games (categorised 1 , 2 or 3 points) non STH's are given points for home and away games (categorised 1 , 2 or 3 points). If purchases from the last 2 seasons are also taken into account you would end up behind the STH's but well ahead of JCL's without a ST.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
oh sorry I'm a STH ( been so since '99) but I think I make that just behind the 1901ers then ...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Who on earth has said 1901'ers get more "points" that normal STH's?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I think you'll be well ahead :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was wondering, do 1901 get free train or coach travel to away games too? And if you knew one of them and they agreed to get you tickets fo ran away game due to their higher points, would you still be able to use the train or coach travel?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Really don't think it's going to be as big an issue as people are making out.

How many games sold out this season?

Dagenham, Southampton, Bournemouth and Brentford from what I can remember.

Charlton came close but there were a handful of tickets available on the day.

Next season away allocations are going to be much bigger. I don't see our away following getting much bigger than it is currently.

Of course the loyalty thing could fall down if we get a big game away early doors (Palace/Pompey/Southampton (maybe)/West Ham (maybe)) but then it's just going to be a case of getting organised and getting your tickets when they go on sale. If you miss out then it's tough shit I'm afraid.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I know plenty of people in the 1901 club, if there's a big away game and I miss out because I'm just a season ticket holder then I'll just get onto one of my friends!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't forget we will also be going to bigger stadiums which means a bigger allocation so that will help. Maybe there will be a few extras in the first few away games but the problem with the points system is that you could apply for tickets for every away game and never get any (in theory) because those that were lucky to get tickets for the first away game then have more loyalty points and come ahead of you in the queue!!!

For the first season it should be 1901s (reluctantly but then they are spending more than anyone else), STH next and so on. For each priority group it should be first come first served for each game except where the allocation is sold out then, using the database, the tickets should be allocated to those that missed out on the previous game (and by that, I mean you must have applied for tickets for the previous game rather than just saying 'well I didn't go to the last game so I should be at the head of the queue for the next. In effect, you wouldn't actually buy a ticket online but merely submit your application. Computers should be smart enough to sort it out from there. Tickets would then be sent out the week before the game.

Personally think this is a brilliant idea and if the club would like to employ me thay can pm me!!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Don't forget we will also be going to bigger stadiums which means a bigger allocation so that will help. Maybe there will be a few extras in the first few away games but the problem with the points system is that you could apply for tickets for every away game and never get any (in theory) because those that were lucky to get tickets for the first away game then have more loyalty points and come ahead of you in the queue!!!

For the first season it should be 1901s (reluctantly but then they are spending more than anyone else), STH next and so on. For each priority group it should be first come first served for each game except where the allocation is sold out then, using the database, the tickets should be allocated to those that missed out on the previous game (and by that, I mean you must have applied for tickets for the previous game rather than just saying 'well I didn't go to the last game so I should be at the head of the queue for the next. In effect, you wouldn't actually buy a ticket online but merely submit your application. Computers should be smart enough to sort it out from there. Tickets would then be sent out the week before the game.

Personally think this is a brilliant idea and if the club would like to employ me thay can pm me!!!

That might just be the WORST idea I have EVER heard when it comes to away tickets.
"Oh great, because I was so keen to watch us play away at a sold out *insert name of grim northern team* and got a ticket, it now means I will miss out on away to West Ham. Fan f***ing tastic".

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Until the club actually announce it no body knows so all this is just guess work no matter where the information is from

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But the point is that just because you were lucky enough to get tickets for the first away game then that puts you in the box seat for the subsequent games. The only people that would get priority over you for the west ham game would be those that had applied for the northern game as well. Fact of the matter is that if we sell out every away allocation then there will be many that miss out because they cannot build up any loyalty points. You don't 'earn' the right to priority just because you got lucky with the first game.

edit- selling out every away allocation is purely hypothetical of course!!!!

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
But the point is that just because you were lucky enough to get tickets for the first away game then that puts you in the box seat for the subsequent games. The only people that would get priority over you for the west ham game would be those that had applied for the northern game as well. Fact of the matter is that if we sell out every away allocation then there will be many that miss out because they cannot build up any loyalty points. You don't 'earn' the right to priority just because you got lucky with the first game.

Thing is I think the points have already started building from the last couple of years so the JCL's will miss out where as the more loyal probably won't

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thing is I think the points have already started building from the last couple of years so the JCL's will miss out where as the more loyal probably won't

If that's the case then I will be low down on the list as havent been to too many away games but that's fair play to those that have so I wouldn't argue with that.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Nothing has been announced yet. Tony Bloom said as much on the Argus chat thing today.

Exactly, it's just conjecture so far - Where on earth did Seagullsovergrimsby get the 1000 points bit from ?

This was an important ATC question, and address' the very real point you make.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?196976-New-loyalty-scheme&daysprune=365

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here