Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans capacity at Falmer?

Thanks. I'm being hyper critical but it's a shame both the "ends" are so small. Many away teams would have brought more than 2500 fans. The club will miss out on that revenue.

Everytime I get close up to the site, as much as I can't shake the gormless ear-to-ear grin off my chops I can't help but be disappointed at how gay the corners look with nothing in 'em.

Only a very very minor gripe, mind ;)

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Exeter brought 197. What would we do with the rest of the 2,378 seats in the away end? Somehow cordon off those 197 away fans and sell the other seats on the day? Or something?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3785993 said:
Everytime I get close up to the site, as much as I can't shake the gormless ear-to-ear grin off my chops I can't help but be disappointed at how gay the corners look with nothing in 'em.

Only a very very minor gripe, mind ;)

Until you think "now we have planning permission to build our stadium it will be much easier to get further planning permission in a few short years to fill up those holes with seats"

Which is much better than thinking "I wish they had designed a stadium which could easily be expanded in the future"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exeter brought 197. What would we do with the rest of the 2,378 seats in the away end? Somehow cordon off those 197 away fans and sell the other seats on the day? Or something?

apparantly, yes, this has been thought about and is in the plans to make it easy and possible

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
In FA Cup games would we have to give 15% if the opposition asked for it, which would be 3,300 odd? Presume in that scenario give them part of the east stand?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Until you think "now we have planning permission to build our stadium it will be much easier to get further planning permission in a few short years to fill up those holes with seats"

Which is much better than thinking "I wish they had designed a stadium which could easily be expanded in the future"

I went to a Falmer presentation and they said that the capacity could be increased to 30k just by filling in the corners, so they have this planned for the future.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
apparantly, yes, this has been thought about and is in the plans to make it easy and possible

1. We get an extra 1,100 seats

2. We will not be playing Exeter next season.

3. Away end will be a new ground for a season so will get a lot of away fan interest so don't see us doing it too often!!!:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here