Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans and parking?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Okay, we all know that parking at The Amex will be difficult if not impossible. But have the club given any thought to away fans driving to the match? I imagine that when the away club take up the 2,500 tickets available to them there are three options of travel available to their fans. Maybe half will travel by train, maybe one quarter will use the coach, that leaves around six hundred odd fans arriving by car. If the average car has two occupants that equates to just over 300 cars. Where will they park up? It's okay for us who realise that after parking in Coldean, Moulescoombe? or Woodindean we still have a bit of a trek to the ground, but other fans may not be aware of this. Have the club allowed for a certain number of away fans using the minimal car park?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fair point, thats most of the problem sorted I guess.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I wonder if they could also consider P&R using some of the old factory parking at Crowhurst Rd, Hollingbury or how about corals Greyhound, where they could 'do a deal' to encourage people to the racing as well.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Hi

For someone travelling from the Eastbourne area and beyond, where would the nearest Park and Ride be for them. Seems silly having to drive past the ground to reach P&R and then get shipped back?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hi

For someone travelling from the Eastbourne area and beyond, where would the nearest Park and Ride be for them. Seems silly having to drive past the ground to reach P&R and then get shipped back?

You could drive to Seaford and get the train which will be discounted (after buying vouchers), there isn't a P&R for those to the east of the county yet

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm quite concerned that the Mill Road P&R is going to be full every week, and I'll have to get there ridculously early to get in it. Surely this would be the choice for most away supporters travelling down by car? With home supporters at least doubling and away support likely to be increasing by way more than that, they really need to sort some more sites out...dunno where though?!

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Surely you'll be able to dump your cars in Moulsecoomb (the locals do lololol) and walk up?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hi

Park at free station car park Glynde station. 2 mins from the A27 and 2 stops to Falmer.

PG

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
There will be sites to park but nothing to do with the club though ,will be expensive as locals cash in:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here