Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away attendance

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Biggest attendance at St Mary's so far this season and fantastic away following.

Not sure why a lot of people were saying prior to the game that it's a generic ground with no atmosphere. It was my first visit and was very impressed

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
could have easily sold out if there was no train problems. shame

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Must admit, the stewards last time were shit - yesterday I stood for 90 minutes, and the atmosphere was unbelivable. Great turnout.

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
Biggest attendance at St Mary's so far this season and fantastic away following.

Not sure why a lot of people were saying prior to the game that it's a generic ground with no atmosphere. It was my first visit and was very impressed

it was a generic ground with no atmosphere....until we arrived.
think i only heard ston fans sing red army twice!!!
f***ing losers,and i mean that in every sense of the insult!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Must admit, the stewards last time were shit - yesterday I stood for 90 minutes, and the atmosphere was unbelivable. Great turnout.

No sign of knobby stewards at all yesterday from my experience. All very pleasant.

Superb away day from start to finish.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
it was a generic ground with no atmosphere....until we arrived.
think i only heard ston fans sing red army twice!!!
f***ing losers,and i mean that in every sense of the insult!!!

on sky all you heard was 1 little boy shouting 'Red army'.

the scummers were silent all game. well done to our away support! lets hope we can make withdean a little more like that! :albion2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A great travelling audience, especially considering the adverse weather conditions and the fact the game was on the box.

:clap:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
on sky all you heard was 1 little boy shouting 'Red army'.

the scummers were silent all game. well done to our away support! lets hope we can make withdean a little more like that! :albion2:

I was standing on the far right of our section, literally next to the dividing sheet, and the Southampton fans to our right were pretty noisy to be honest. I think if you were over in the left side of our section it wouldn't have been heard that well but they were by no means the worst home fans I've seen, and put our singing stand to shame (yes, I know about the acoustics and everything). Still, we outsung them none the less!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
stop being so unfair on the saints fans,around 20 of the muppets to our left sang a wonderful rendition of 'we can see you holding hands' at least 1 and a half times:lol:

speaking of the stand to our left,did everyone notice after we scored the first, two of the box's erupted with albion fan causing the police and some soton fans to leg it up to the back towards them? bet they took the piss all game:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In the middle of the left side boys it was deafening. Jnr. and I stood for the whole game. :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was about in the middle of our end and I could hear but not really see the home section Spider is talking about.

Funny moment when the lot to our left ( Itchen stand ? ) suddenly burst into song at around 70mins into the game and all our lot promptly applauded them and responded with - " We forgot that you were there...we forgot that you were there " :lolol:

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say, for a large proportion of the game the Soton fans were the louder (on the telly)... Best home crowd I've heard for ages!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I was standing on the far right of our section, literally next to the dividing sheet, and the Southampton fans to our right were pretty noisy to be honest. I think if you were over in the left side of our section it wouldn't have been heard that well but they were by no means the worst home fans I've seen, and put our singing stand to shame (yes, I know about the acoustics and everything). Still, we outsung them none the less!

Yep, I was standing over on the r/h side too - & I fully concur with your observations. :thumbsup:

ps It was amusing to see that bunch of Scummers in the main stand (to our left) when they suddenly found their voices half way through the second 45. Didn't last long, mind. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here