Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

avoiding the slowwwww main drag into torquay

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
for those coming tues eve....the crawl into torquay is notorious.

if you want a quicker way....
once you get to the PENN INN roundabout (newton abbot) first big rbt on the main route down to torquay--take a left, get in righthand lane (milber)
take the right turn at the lights just 100 yrds uphill.

follow that road...runs parallel with main route..local rat-run
keep going straight on until you get to rbt with a garage /spar on the righthand side. (hele cross)
turn left there n head down the to next mini rbt at bottom of hill. all brown signed.

see you there!

k

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
for those coming tues eve....the crawl into torquay is notorious.

if you want a quicker way....
once you get to the PENN INN roundabout (newton abbot) first big rbt on the main route down to torquay--take a left, get in righthand lane (milber)
take the right turn at the lights just 100 yrds uphill.

follow that road...runs parallel with main route..local rat-run
keep going straight on until you get to rbt with a garage /spar on the righthand side. (hele cross)
turn left there n head down the to next mini rbt at bottom of hill. all brown signed.

see you there!

k

I wish Id seen that when we had them in the cup.

Took ages in and out as I recall.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
well... the other half only let me know abt it after a few months of sitting in friday evening traffic .....great after a trawl down from sussex..

bit tight in places (road, not me!!) and a coupla speed cams..but easy ( road, not me!!..........ill shut up!

How do we avoid the wildebeest?

If you cut up past the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (just before the aformentioned Spar) you will miss them. Best to check that Krakotoa isn't erupting that evening as if it is kick off may be delayed.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
think you will find that eruptions in torquay only happen...a) down by the harbour after 20 pints ...all over the pavement..
b) out of chav women's tops...
c) after brighton trounce torquay...

hm...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
bit tight in places

That's an understatement - several bits of it are only a single car width, and you'll have to do a spot of 'wait your turn' more than once. But it's still quicker than the main drag.

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
I hang my head in shame as i didn't realise we were playing Torquay pre-season. Anyway, will be there and will bring my 6 year old son for his first ever football match...suitably attired of course...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If you cut up past the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (just before the aformentioned Spar) you will miss them. Best to check that Krakotoa isn't erupting that evening as if it is kick off may be delayed.

Oi you old bugger: you forgot to tell 'em about the Dragonflies! :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here