Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB left Chelsea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Without roman where do you think chelsea would be?no chelsea fan would question his ownership.

Obviously Roman's money has been a huge help. But his style of ownership is not currently making the most of his money IMHO. Surely some Chelsea fans can see this? Surely some would prefer him to change tack slightly and engender some stability at the club? Or are they content with the current seemingly scatter gun approach which, let's face it, is not yielding any success.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
So £64M and counting spent by Chelsea sacking or recruiting managers - expensive business

Does anyone know how many trophies have they won in that time? Or the cost per trophy :)

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Obviously Roman's money has been a huge help. But his style of ownership is not currently making the most of his money IMHO. Surely some Chelsea fans can see this? Surely some would prefer him to change tack slightly and engender some stability at the club? Or are they content with the current seemingly scatter gun approach which, let's face it, is not yielding any success.
Which of Chelsea's 3 premier league titles, 3 fa cups, and 2 league cups since Abramovich bought them would you say dont count as success ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Which of Chelsea's 3 premier league titles, 3 fa cups, and 2 league cups since Abramovich bought them would you say dont count as success ?
None of them, they're all worthless.

That isn't my view BTW, that's what Abramovich obviously thinks. If he thought any of those things represented 'success' he wouldn't be so trigger happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Which bit of "current" did you not understand? They won the league two years ago but have steadily been going backwards ever since with no hint of it stopping.

Last edited:

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Which bit of "current" did you not understand? They won the league two years ago but have steadily been going backwards ever since with no hint of it stopping.

All of it, the approach has always been "scattergun" , can you explain why the approach has only just become "current", seven managers during the Abramovich tenure would indicate otherwise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All of it, the approach has always been "scattergun" , can you explain why the approach has only just become "current", seven managers during the Abramovich tenure would indicate otherwise.

There seemed to be a lot more stability and planning at the start of the Abramovic era. The past 4 years seemingly have a different manager every year and I see no long term strategy.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
There seemed to be a lot more stability and planning at the start of the Abramovic era. The past 4 years seemingly have a different manager every year and I see no long term strategy.
There were 3 managers during the first 4 years, one of which Abramovich inherited, the past 4 years and 3 permanent appointees sacked has hardly seen a massive sea change in managerial policy at chelsea, has it ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There were 3 managers during the first 4 years, one of which Abramovich inherited, the past 4 years and 3 permanent appointees sacked has hardly seen a massive sea change in managerial policy at chelsea, has it ?

Alternatively, for various reasons they have had Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB and now Di Matteo run the club since Feb 09. That's 5 different managers in just 3 years. Great eh? And quite different to the first half of the RA era. Couple that with no trophies over the past two years and I think my view that the RA is more scatter gun NOW and it's not yielding success is accurate.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Alternatively, for various reasons they have had Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB and now Di Matteo run the club since Feb 09. That's 5 different managers in just 3 years. Great eh? And quite different to the first half of the RA era. Couple that with no trophies over the past two years and I think my view that the RA is more scatter gun NOW and it's not yielding success is accurate.
Rubbish, he sacked two permanent managers in the first 4 seasons, he's sacked 3 permanent managers in the last 4, as I said, hardly a massive shift in policy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rubbish, he sacked two permanent managers in the first 4 seasons, he's sacked 3 permanent managers in the last 4, as I said, hardly a massive shift in policy.

Of the managers that Roman has installed, 5 out of the 7 have been in the past 3 years. You cannot just gloss over the fact 2 were temporary. When you are judging the stability of a club you cannot ignore certain periods and remember it's his policies which has deemed it necessary to install temporary managers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

50% increase in sackings, seems quite a big increase to me :joke:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here