Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB left Chelsea

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can't believe Gus will even get the opportunity. Di Matteo has positioned himself well, I anticipate that Hiddink will come in and support him.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I think Gus ticks all the boxes to go to Chelsea, would be accepted by the supporters and has the presence to put a stop to Lampard and co's antics.

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't mentioned as a serious candidate.

Not in the betting.
Bookies never usually wrong.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't know about Capello though although his strength of character would help him stand up to the egos in the Chelsea dressing room and to clear out the old guard when the time comes. He hasn't been afraid to drop Lampard and Terry at England level so could stand him in good stead, might be fun to watch as a neutral.

That will be the Capello who faced with Terry-led attempted rebellion in the last World Cup responded by doing nothing. That will be the Capello who faced with a player refusing to play if Terry was in the team responded by doing nothing. That will be the Capello who faced with the prospect of more players refusing to play if Terry was in the team responded by resigning.

Chelsea has a real problem with a hard core of players who act as if they can do as they want. It wasn't so bad a few years when they were at their peak, but now they're ageing, it's a big issue. AVB was acting the right way in trying to sort it out but RA seems to be content to let the long term decline continue.

What no-one's mentioned yet is that it cost £13m to buy AVB out of his Porto contract last summer - why pay that and give the job for just six months?

And anyone who thinks that Gus is a candidate is way of the mark.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The Chelski team is full of too many inflated egos, earning way too much money and churning out below par performances on the pitch. All sounds a bit like the England national team to me. Any manager wanting to take that on must get control of the dressing room before anything else

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
That will be the Capello who faced with Terry-led attempted rebellion in the last World Cup responded by doing nothing. That will be the Capello who faced with a player refusing to play if Terry was in the team responded by doing nothing. That will be the Capello who faced with the prospect of more players refusing to play if Terry was in the team responded by resigning.

Chelsea has a real problem with a hard core of players who act as if they can do as they want. It wasn't so bad a few years when they were at their peak, but now they're ageing, it's a big issue. AVB was acting the right way in trying to sort it out but RA seems to be content to let the long term decline continue.

What no-one's mentioned yet is that it cost £13m to buy AVB out of his Porto contract last summer - why pay that and give the job for just six months?

And anyone who thinks that Gus is a candidate is way of the mark.

Totally agree - AVB had the dressing room against him so was a real poisoned chalice. He needed to start a clear out of some great players who are either getting past their best or don't have the hunger to give 110% - so they can no longer cut it at Champs Lge level. Their defence is a shambles. To hear Chelsea fans on phone ins last night saying some players body language at WBA was poor and seem to have lost their desire yet they are on mega wages would make me weep too. One articulate fan pointed out they are still (just) in Europe and 5th in the Prem which most Clubs / players would give their right arm for, but not good enough to motivate some of their champagne charlies.

So its the mischief in me that would love to see Capello get a chance to sort out Terry etc at Club level just to see Chelsea implode and wind up all those plastic Chelsea fans they attracted over the last 10 years. That won't happen of course - but for guaranteed entertainment I'd really love to see Di Canio go in there with a brief to sort things out. There would be blood on the carpets, horses heads the lot. Whoever gets the job will have to go toe to toe with Terry etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How many managers has Roman got through now? At what point will the Chelsea supporters start to question his style of ownership?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many managers has Roman got through now? At what point will the Chelsea supporters start to question his style of ownership?
Without roman where do you think chelsea would be?no chelsea fan would question his ownership.

O and im getting bored with gus being linked with top jobs,gus ain't good enough for this sort of job yet.Far to many deluded freaks on here.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bad news for Arsenal with us trying to stay in the top four. I don't think Roberto Di Matteo will make a huge difference for the rest of the season - hopefully.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And this is why I hate Chelsea. Greedy idiot of a chairman desperate for instant success and greedy, idiotic glory-hunting fans that know jackshit about the game that are also desperate for instant success.
Genuinely hope that Abramovich leaves and they go bankrupt.

D

Deleted member 22389

And this is why I hate Chelsea. Greedy idiot of a chairman desperate for instant success and greedy, idiotic glory-hunting fans that know jackshit about the game that are also desperate for instant success.
Genuinely hope that Abramovich leaves and they go bankrupt.

I think the word you are looking for is spoilt.

D

Deleted member 18477

Bad news for Arsenal with us trying to stay in the top four. I don't think Roberto Di Matteo will make a huge difference for the rest of the season - hopefully.

spurs are crumbling as well. i hope arsenal finish 3rd and newcastle 4th. Us tho? you've got 3,264 posts on a brighton forum and you support arsenal FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here