Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB left Chelsea

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Oh yes, I can just see Gus getting on like a house on fire with abramovich and I am quite sure Gus does appreciate how lucky he is with tb and the whole set up and future plans, Gus knows for sure that not all managers have the freedom he has or the involvement in development decisions , Gus is no fool and that's why we love him so much

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Roberto di matteo has been appointed until the end of the Season.

And after that, would they not want someone who can guarantee success. I would imagine they must be aware of Gus, but could not afford to be patient with him while he continues to learn the trade.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

D

Deleted member 2719

Cue Gus gobbing off at next opportunity.

Surely he has zero chance and should not even embarrass himself.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
In all seriousness I bet Roman Abramovich has never even heard of Gus Poyet. In fact he probably does not even know The Championship exists. He will wait till the end of the season and appoint Mourinho again on a 4 year deal and sack him 6 months into his contract paying out another fortune in compensation. Chelsea are a joke of a club.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to mention Gus's name. Turns out it was the first post, congrats.

Wonder if anyone legitimately thinks he's in any danger of getting the job.

D

Deleted member 22389

And I give it another 6 or 7 months before the next Chelsea manager is sacked.
What does RM want and when will he be satisfied? The answer is never.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Oh yes, I can just see Gus getting on like a house on fire with abramovich and I am quite sure Gus does appreciate how lucky he is with tb and the whole set up and future plans, Gus knows for sure that not all managers have the freedom he has or the involvement in development decisions , Gus is no fool and that's why we love him so much

Are you suggesting that Gus would turn down the Chelsea job if offered it? He wont get offered it, but do you really think he would chose us over Chelsea because of his love for Tony Bloom

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having taken a chance on a younger manager (AVB) would Abramovich really go for another - like Gus? Clearly he does not have the patience to give a young guy 2-3 years, it has to be instant success, so suspect he will go for an experienced manager, maybe Benitez.

Don't know about Capello though although his strength of character would help him stand up to the egos in the Chelsea dressing room and to clear out the old guard when the time comes. He hasn't been afraid to drop Lampard and Terry at England level so could stand him in good stead, might be fun to watch as a neutral.

Will be interesting if Mourinho gets a job in the Premiership and comes up against Chelsea, I'm sure he'd like to show Abramovich what he is missing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here