Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Av It You Bods

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Johnson signs long-term contract

Everton bid for Johnson dismissed
Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson has signed a new five-year contract at Championship side Crystal Palace.
More to follow.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Like I really give a fig about that twat!

He stays and he don't get in the England teamb::dunce: :dunce:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Good. Overrated in my opinion. Well overrated.

How many of his "goals" were penalties last season?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
GUNTER said:
Good. Overrated in my opinion. Well overrated.

How many of his "goals" were penalties last season?
The fact he is quick and agile means he gets taken out in the box.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Not that I could care less but seeing as you feel the need to start a thread on it.
Wasn't he under contract already anyway and since when did being under contract stop another club coming in for a player? I seem to remember this young lad called Virgo. Played for us a while back. He was under a 3 year contract. Didn't stop him going to Celtic though did it?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Rangdo said:
Not that I could care less but seeing as you feel the need to start a thread on it.
Wasn't he under contract already anyway and since when did being under contract stop another club coming in for a player? I seem to remember this young lad called Virgo. Played for us a while back. He was under a 3 year contract. Didn't stop him going to Celtic though did it?
And how much was that for? times that by about 10/12 and you have our price for AJ :p

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
eagles #1 said:
And how much was that for? times that by about 10/12 and you have our price for AJ :p

Yes well done for understanding my point. Very clever.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Rangdo said:
Yes well done for understanding my point. Very clever.
I got your point very much so. Him being under contract doesnt mean he cannot be sold. But signing for longer certainly means we will get a larger fee for the fella. Owen only had a year left on his contract when he went to Madrid for £8m....had he had 5 years on his contract he would have gone for about £18m.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He is not a great player, dives too freely and every ref will be looking at that this season. Fact is that the reason he had so much exposure is that there aren't that many Englaish Strikers in the Premiership. Peter Crouch had much more attraction by other clubs than Johnson and went for 7 mil to Liverpool. In my opinion not all that great either. They are mirror images of eachother in their situations at the end of the season. But Crouch had bids for him and saints had to bow to the pressure of a big fee. Fact is Johnson didn't have any bids for him (or they weren't big enough) and has had to sign a new contract as not long left on his old one. He has delt his career a blow by staying, but done the country a favour by now not being selected for the world cup.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Rangdo said:
Yes but Virgo played for Brighton a club with no ambition/Ground or 60,000 fans packed into a stadium. Not much to tempt him to stay Rangdo.

AJ loves it at Palace and he knows we will be a top 6 side this season.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Captain Sensible said:
At least there was a bid for Virgo. No one wants your diving cheat player.
So 5 Million from Spurs and 6 Million from Everton were they made up stories then. Blimey we should all stop believing what we read. Maybe i`ll buy a different newspaper from my usual Sport.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
This is excellent news. A big drop in form this season as the refs get clued in to his diving antics, a minor but painful niggling injury, and Palarse have got to pay a benchwarmer big wages for five years.

Can the pikies spell 'adminystrayshun'? :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Croydonbloke said:

AJ loves it at Palace and he knows we will be a top 6 side this season.
On the opening day at kick off,alphabetically, but still behind us me old mate!!:lolol:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Croydonbloke said:
So 5 Million from Spurs and 6 Million from Everton were they made up stories then. Blimey we should all stop believing what we read. Maybe i`ll buy a different newspaper from my usual Sport.
Why is he still with your drab outfit then? Reportedly 9 mil from Newcastle, 5 from Spurs and 7 from Everton. why no sale?

Don't tell me he'd rather stay with you than have Euro football with some of those clubs. Either that or he shit himself realising that he would be found out at a big club and would rather be a pikey fish in a smaller pond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here