Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Automatic Promotion

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OK, I've calmed down now and my daughter has stopped crying. I scared the hell out of her when Nav banged that in.

I am a realist and realisticly the play off's would be magic. Everyone is talking about play off's, but being only 7pts off auto promotion is it not a little tiny bit negative. We could do it and believeing would help. Are we aiming too low now?.

Personally I still think it would be too early for the team and for Gus but if it's there you got a take it. Tuesday is gonna be great cant wait now. punk:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have my feet firmly on the ground,it was only a few weeks ago-well before the Saints game- the doom and gloom merchants were saying we were found out,our style of play is what will see us through,said it back then and still maintain it now,whatever the rest of the season may hold.

Mind you 8 points off top and hitting form at the right time of the season.......................?

Ok twist me arm a little.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All we need now is for CMS to go goal crazy and hit a purple patch of form and smash in 10 goals in the next 10 games

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shhhhhhh....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
OK, I've calmed down now and my daughter has stopped crying. I scared the hell out of her when Nav banged that in.

I am a realist and realisticly the play off's would be magic. Everyone is talking about play off's, but being only 7pts off auto promotion is it not a little tiny bit negative. We could do it and believeing would help. Are we aiming too low now?.

Personally I still think it would be too early for the team and for Gus but if it's there you got a take it. Tuesday is gonna be great cant wait now. punk:

I think West Ham and Birmingham are the two who are most likely to get auto promotion. But we have got to play those clubs on the run in, so if we get positive results then it may throw the top two spots wide open.

Its going to be an exciting run in, if we keep our form.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm afraid that until we start putting a little more daylight between us and our opponents than single goal wins that could just as easily have gone the other way, I will decline to join the dream of automatic promotion. I still think we will struggle to get even a play-off place in such a tight league because our goal difference isn't good enough.

However, I might well be prepared to have a punt on us reaching the play-offs whereas I can't imagine being tempted to chance anything on an automatic promotion spot.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think hitting top form in Jan-Feb is a little too early rather than the right time. Mar-Apr surely?

Yes that is the ideal time,but if we go 20 plus unbeaten,we will be in the play off's.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We have been on a hell of a run and are still not top 6. Its a massive ask to get top 2.

Possible but unlikely.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
our end of the season run looks tricky but 14 out of 16 points this year why can't it happen?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is a nice problem for all of us to ponder,given virtual security for the main aim of establishment at this level,for at least another year,anything else now is a bonus..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We have been on a hell of a run and are still not top 6. Its a massive ask to get top 2.

Possible but unlikely.

We started from a deep position,still not as deep as Palace in 2004? under Dowie....food for thought i thinks

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Been travelling round Poland on business last eight days.... saw highlights last week and hope to see Leeds tomorow when I get home but NO.... not automatic pormotion. Lets not go there. Play-offs would be fantastic but if we go up I want us to be competitive no whipping boys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here