Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Automatic Promotion

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
While I don't want to tempt fate, it is looking more and more likely that we will take the title this year, with the teams around us all helping the cause :lol:

2nd-5th place, once games in hand are evened out, are almost equal on points - so who does everyone think will (hopefully) be second behind us?

Bournemouth have been good all season but having played more games than everyone else, they could easily be caught.

Huddersfield seem to be sometimes formidable, other times distinctly average. They should have been promoted this year with their squad, but for some reason have failed to mount a real challenge so far.

Southampton should have probably walked this league, but have not pulled forward and seem to struggle without Lallana. Now he's back, will they put some wins together and get 2nd? They also have a very congested April.

Peterborough have put a run of points together and seem to be hitting some form. They have the most prolific strike force in the league - but also one of the leakiest defences in the top half. Will they pull together to get the other auto spot?

Thoughts? Any outside challengers?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With it looking like 3 northern sides in Preston / Sheff Utd + Scunny coming down it would be nice for 3 southern to be promoted ie Us / B'mouth and Saints.

But I think it will be

Us
Saints
------------
P'rough

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will win it with something like four or five games to spare.

Second is a lottery from those four and Charlton.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I like the fact that unlike some of our rivals we are optimistic but not getting carried away. When the job is finally done thn we can happily go mental..

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Don't real care,but think Southampton have left themselves too much to do & Bournemouth will run out of gas.so I think Huddersfield will finish 2nd.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
'udders 2nd
P'boro up via play-offs - at least I hope so as it's one of my bestest favourite away games

SCC - Lose play-off final on penalties with Hammond and Harding missing

Barring spectacular changes in form, the top six look fairly clear to me:-

Albion
Bournemouth
Southampton
Huddersfield
Charlton
Peterborough

The chase for second place could easily come down to which of Southampton or Huddersfield we choose to lose to at Withdean.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The chase for second place could easily come down to which of Southampton or Huddersfield we choose to lose to at Withdean.

Pay back time at last :D It's only been 34 years since they stitched us up

Let us lose to Huddersfield
Let us lose to Huddersfield
la la la la

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody well stop would you. Still a long way to go and please lets not tempt fate. I'd hate threads like this to come back and haunt us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloody well stop would you. Still a long way to go and please lets not tempt fate. I'd hate threads like this to come back and haunt us.
Do you honestly think Gus will let complacency ruin our season?

I've seen enough - we're going up.

There, I've said it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

There, I've said it.
Just to clarify:

We are effectively ten points clear of third. Maybe more, when we've played our games in hand.
We routinely BATTER teams in this division.
Our promotion "rivals" have still got to play each other.
We have a congested March, but they are all VERY winnable games. By the time we play those last 3 or 4 tricky home games, the job will be all but done.
Look at our squad FFS. We can't even find a starting space for players like Sparrow, Noone and Sandaza.

We're going up. FACT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

There, I've said it.

Agreed. Last night was one ridiculously comfortable win too far. We are going UP.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that Saints are 10 points behind us on the same games, they may start to lose belief..hope so anyway. I'd love to see them lose out and Bournemouth and us go up. Slit wrists in BBC South today as their pet team becomes the lowest of the local teams :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here