Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

auto promotion or a trip to wembley?!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
just seeing if anybody would pick the trip to wembley!

i mean auto promotion is amazing but the emotion at wembley would be awesome!

what do you guys think? is everyone gonna say auto promotion? :ohmy:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Automatic promotion PLUS the play off final isn't at Wembley this year..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Promoted via play offs has got to feel better I think but the nerves and stress before you get there is unbearable. For this reason I will choose auto

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No offence to Shaun cos this thread isn't as bad as others BUT there is an influx of OTT threads today where people seem to think it's a given that we're not only going up this season but going to the prem soon too :lol: let's not get ahead of ourselves - the moaners could be back come Wednesday!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
As has been pointed out, the playoffs won't be at Wembley this year so for that reason of the two I would prefer automatic. But to be honest promotion in any form will be just fine!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
No offence to Shaun cos this thread isn't as bad as others BUT there is an influx of OTT threads today where people seem to think it's a given that we're not only going up this season but going to the prem soon too :lol: let's not get ahead of ourselves - the moaners could be back come Wednesday!

im not getting ahead of myself haha just enquiring to see what people would choose if they had the option!

+ where is it being help millenium stadium?

and not at wembley sucks!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Auto please...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you could GUARANTEE that we would actually win the play-off final, and IF it were at Wembley, then the play-off option would be better than second place. Nothing beats going up as CHAMPIONS though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would guess the club would prefer to go up automatically to avoid all the additonal administration of play off tickets in the run up to Falmer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rather finish 2nd and get auto, than play offs!!

Could not survive another play off final I don't think and also another long distance play off venue as Wembley isn't being used

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you could GUARANTEE that we would actually win the play-off final, and IF it were at Wembley, then the play-off option would be better than second place. Nothing beats going up as CHAMPIONS though.

I agree but unfortunately we can't guarantee this so I'd happily take 2nd rather than risking the heartache of a Wembley defeat. Having said that, if we did make the play offs i feel we havenothing to lose atall going into Falmer, especially if we sneaked in in 5th or 6th - to win them would just be a massiver bonus.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
If it is the play offs would Falmer not be ready for the semi final? :amex:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Supporters of League One and League Two sides hoping to visit Wembley Stadium with their teams will face disappointment this season.

The League One and League Two play-offs will not be playing their play off finals at the national stadium in May 2011 because Wembley hosting the Champions League Final in the slot usually reserved for League One and Two clubs. This means that the Football League Trophy competition is the only realistic chance for these sided to travel to the country's most iconic stage.

The Championship play-off final will still be played at Wembley on the Bank Holiday Monday, on 30th May (Monday after the Saturday final) but the other two divisional finals will have to be played elsewhere.

The Football League are not allowed to stage the Play-off finals a week earlier, as UEFA regulations insist the Champions League Final venue to not stage any matches in the two week period leading up to the game.

Premier League clubs will also be affected by Wembley hosting the game with the FA Cup Final now being scheduled for Saturday 14th May. This was originally meant to be the penultimate weekend of the Premier League fixtures. Therefore the FA Cup will no longer be the domestic climax of the English season for top level clubs.

The Football League will now have to find at least one alternative venue for the League One and League Two finals. The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff will be the most obvious choice, where Walsall won their play-off clash against Reading in 2001. Other grounds who may be considered - Manchester's Old Trafford and City of Manchester, Villa Park and Arsenal's Emirates Stadium

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Rather finish 2nd and get auto, than play offs!!

Could not survive another play off final I don't think and also another long distance play off venue as Wembley isn't being used

Emirates is being considered I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here