Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussies - cheating knuts

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Has to be seen to believed. Bowled to Cook, it hasnt carried, has bounced at least 4 inches in front of the fielder who then celebrates a catch which clearly was not. They asked for a review, absolutely no need. Australian cricket has sunk to the lowest of levels imaginable. Theres the 100 now, stick it up em Cooky. Lo and behold half of their convict team have not even applauded, one of the biggest unwritten sportsmanship rule in cricket

Australia.....you stink

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Has to be seen to believed. Bowled to Cook, it hasnt carried, has bounced at least 4 inches in front of the fielder who then celebrates a catch which clearly was not. They asked for a review, absolutely no need. Australian cricket has sunk to the lowest of levels imaginable. Theres the 100 now, stick it up em Cooky. Lo and behold half of their convict team have not even applauded, one of the biggest unwritten sportsmanship rule in cricket

Australia.....you stink

Not quite right

Hughes went up knowing it was short, you can tell from his facial expression, Haddin was the same, Clarke, who probably couldn't see jumped up for the wicket at which point of time Hughes celebrated. The UMPIRES called for the review not the Aussies as is their right under these circumstances so thr Aussies did NOT rty to cheat by calling the review when at least two players knew it was not out.

The cheating aspect was really Hughes and Haddin when they knew it was not out in their desparation to salvage a draw.

The thing that pissed me off the more was Beer's attitude to Cook when he got his century.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hughes went up with an "oooooh" on his face, he knew at that point it was close but hadn't quite carried. He then seemed to get caught up in the frenzied appeals of his team-mates though, and actually went to celebrate the wicket with them. So yes, that WAS cheating, but it was more a spur-of-the-moment reaction almost out of desperation I think.

He'll be embarrassed about it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Got to be disappointed with that. Shameful. Bell not walking wasn't a lot better either, but that regretably is pretty much accepted now. Claiming a catch like that is piss-poor. Not applauding the century is even more disgraceful - no excuse whatsoever.l

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Got to be disappointed with that. Shameful. Bell not walking wasn't a lot better either, but that regretably is pretty much accepted now. Claiming a catch like that is piss-poor. Not applauding the century is even more disgraceful - no excuse whatsoever.l

I was absolutely disgusted by their reaction to Cook's century, as too were the whole sky panel, all stalwarts of the game. As Sir Ian put it you play the game hard but in the name of sportsmanship, though not written in any rulebook at the very least you always acknowledge any players knock of a century

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

That's standard for nearly all batsmen, particularly former Aussie legends from the 1970's. You don't "walk"...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I was absolutely disgusted by their reaction to Cook's century, as too were the whole sky panel, all stalwarts of the game. As Sir Ian put it you play the game hard but in the name of sportsmanship, though not written in any rulebook at the very least you always acknowledge any players knock of a century

This!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
That's standard for nearly all batsmen, particularly former Aussie legends from the 1970's. You don't "walk"...

Too right. It was the Aussies whom pioneered not walking in the 70's Ian Chappell etc, it is now the norm in Test cricket around the world, with very very few exceptions. In that case what goes around comes around.

However, claiming a catch for a ball that bounces in front of you and the batsman and the TV cameras can cleary see is a new Australia invention in cricket, circa 2010.

Still it is working well, this new approach...what's the score again:lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Sorry, disagree with that.
Bell obviously wasn't aware he had touched it, otherwise he wouldn't have called for the review.
It was the faintest of all touches as proved by Hotspot, because it didnt show up, so IMHO that justifies his belief that he didn't touch it.
The 3rd umpire only had Hotspot to view and as it showed nothing, it has to be given not out.

The faults lie with the technology, Hotspot is not 100% conclusive, and they dont use the Snikometer in the review system.
I feel Bell would not of wasted a review if he knew he had got the edge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, disagree with that.
Bell obviously wasn't aware he had touched it, otherwise he wouldn't have called for the review.
It was the faintest of all touches as proved by Hotspot, because it didnt show up, so IMHO that justifies his belief that he didn't touch it.
The 3rd umpire only had Hotspot to view and as it showed nothing, it has to be given not out.

The faults lie with the technology, Hotspot is not 100% conclusive, and they dont use the Snikometer in the review system.
I feel Bell would not of wasted a review if he knew he had got the edge.

Really my point was that not walking generally, is kind of accepted. I agree that it was such a slight nick that it is feasible that Bell honestly didn't know if he'd touched it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Really my point was that not walking generally, is kind of accepted. I agree that it was such a slight nick that it is feasible that Bell honestly didn't know if he'd touched it.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here