Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attraction of the Amex (For Away Fans)

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
On Saturday 15 January 2011, Peterborough had 258 fans at Withdean.

On Saturday 27 August 2011, Peterborough had 1,408 fans at the Amex.

By the end of August 2011 we have had a total of 6,822 away fans visit from five games. With Sunderland being the lowest with 1,203 and Doncaster marginally the highest with 1,443.

After the first five games at Withdean last season we had a total of 1,198 away fans visit. The highest from these games was Rochdale with 304 and the lowest was 152 for Oldham.

It was Peterborough in January 2011 when the away attendance total was 6,820 for last season.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I'm not sure if this is the attraction of the Amex or the lack of attraction at Withdean. Either way those are some pretty amazing statistics.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Brighton was always a great place to visit but the Withers was hardly an attraction for visiting fans and you could hardly blame fans for not coming back.

Now we have a new ground to visit and also some fans will make a few days of it. It won't just be the Albion who benefit. Pubs in town must be raking it in.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I like that we applaud the away attendance when it's announced and am embarrassed by the "is that all you take away" chant. No place for it in our welcoming stadium.

but 2 minutes previously they were singing 'where were you when you were shit'?

so why shouldnt we come back?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Granted it was probably 30-40 of them but it was sung by people where I sit due to there aforementioned chant! Guessing in wsl south end we hear the away songs a lot better

macky

Dec 28, 2004
a chance to see football played as it should be

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There are a lot of football fans out there who are keen to visit as many stadiums as possible! So I'm sure part of the upping of away visitors is simply that its new- and as someone else said - why make a weekend out of a trip to Brighton to see Withdean in the middle of winter? The burgers were hardly Michelin starred.... :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Posh bring 1,400 to the Amex then we need to up our game going away too.

Not selling out Pompey was a poor show, it's time to turn out in force for Bristol City shirley?

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
If Posh bring 1,400 to the Amex then we need to up our game going away too.

Not selling out Pompey was a poor show, it's time to turn out in force for Bristol City shirley?

Pompey seemed pretty rammed from where i was standing, i reckon we must have took 3k+

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Quite a few of them on their london road forum seem to have not liked the stadium.

My favourite criticism that seems to crop up is that the ends are different sizes and its lop sided. Well yeah, but if it wasn't they'd be saying it was an indentikit bowl! I like it being different to these bowel stadiums that all look the same.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Quite a few of them on their london road forum seem to have not liked the stadium.

My favourite criticism that seems to crop up is that the ends are different sizes and its lop sided. Well yeah, but if it wasn't they'd be saying it was an indentikit bowl! I like it being different to these bowel stadiums that all look the same.

...and quite a few liked it a lot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like that we applaud the away attendance when it's announced and am embarrassed by the "is that all you take away" chant. No place for it in our welcoming stadium.
That was bizzarly ironic wasn't it. I joined in with the clapping, and kept quiet for chant. It's a long way to travel, so the away fans deserve credit.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
There was 30 or 40 blokes at the back singing "Where were you when you were shit" apparently the same place as them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but 2 minutes previously they were singing 'where were you when you were shit'?

so why shouldnt we come back?
Ah, didn't know they sang. People in WSU G were chanting back, and I doubt they heard the posh song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here