Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attila on the wireless, solving the world's financial crisis

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Shame this has descended into yet another 'let's slate Attila' thread. Can't people just accept he's a bit like Marmite politically and artistically speaking, and even if he's not to your taste that he's still done far more for this club in terms of direct action than the vast majority of us. And to those really twisting the knife - just take a moment to consider how you'd feel reading that kind of stuff about you every time your name cropped up on here.

this-ness

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Oh please. That "song" sums him up, and did so even at the time - massively out of touch and boringly irrelevant. Our club had the begging buckets out and on a fund raising CD of Tom Hark, someone indulged him in the least funny, most poorly timed attempt at laughing at our arch rivals. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to try and take the piss out of Palace at a time when our club was a mess and they were consistently challenging for Premiership promotion? But even that might have been forgiveable if he had recorded some spiced up terrace song that we could all empathise with, instead of some truly shit self indulgent twaddle about a result that only served to remind most of us that they went on to reach the cup final by beating the same team later that season.

Each to his own and all that. I thought it was funny anyway. (And was written and originally recorded years previously - not long after Palace got to the cup final, in fact - not when we were homeless and f***ed, I agree that would have been a bit weird.)

But as I've said, what people think of his work doesn't matter to me, it'd be boring if we all liked the same things. It's just that I can think of more deserving targets for bashing on an Albion board than a long-standing Brighton fan and campaigner.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
oh come in its just he is funny. he is not your run of the mill bloke. he is called atilla and writes poems about russians at the henley regatta. if he didnt want people to take the piss a bit he wouldnt have boldy strove down his unorthdox path in life for so long.

anyway he will be on in a minute insisting that he only has milliseconds to stay on the board as he is so frenetically busy, do a quick defence of himself as he must be able to do in his sleep he has been doing it since the year dot, and then *puff*. gone again. dont worry about him mate.

I don't lose sleep over it, just think it's a bit off that so many people who have chosen to dislike him for whatever reason (I don't imagine he's personally wronged them in any way) seem incapable of accepting he's done anything positive for the club and can't resist sticking the boot in whenever he's mentioned.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He will forever be associated with the Albion and deservedly so.

What sits uncomfortably with me is the his association with the Albion being linked to his political leanings, publically and nationally.

And before anyone starts, I'd be saying this no matter where he sots on the political spectrum.

Yes, yes all very good points but can we PLEASE get back to posting shit poems?

Rhyme, rhyme whoever you may be,
We’re lacking shit poems on NSC.
We slagged off Attilla,
We mugged of the bank,
It’s at times like this that I miss mad Frank.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
to paraphrase gerry adams i hadnt gone away you know.

but thanks mate

:bigwave:

If the original "welcome back" was meant for me, then thanks!

And in the renewed spirit of this thread, here goes:

After eight years without NSC,
How empty my life proved to be.
So I'm logging back in,
To the fest they call "bin".
(Please excuse all my shit poetry.)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Haha. So true.

Did Attila shag your wife or something? Seriously, you're obsessed with him.

Oh my old man's a banker
He wears a banker's hat
And when he wears it back to front
He looks a bit like Carlton Cole on a London bus

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My bank's in the red
My team play in blue
Mad Frank's had your mum
He's had your gran too

I tried to include a reference to the (quite frankly) f***ing excellent GroupOn chant that I invented last season, so as to pull together all the different strands on this thread but it proved beyond my ken so I went for the Mad Frank shagging someone's gran up in heaven instead. It's what he would have wanted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've welcomed all sorts onto here, through the years.
From Irish's pretentions, and put-downs, and sneers,

To the Badger's grumbling and moaning so weary,
To Brunswick's latest conspiracy theory.

Our poetry mostly, has been pretty shit,
Though Buzzer's Groupon chant was one major hit.

Sometimes banter becomes anger to others,
Only Frank went so far as to nail people's mothers.

We've welcomed all sorts onto here, through the years.
From Irish's pretentions, and put-downs, and sneers,

To the Badger's grumbling and moaning so weary,
To Brunswick's latest conspiracy theory.

Our poetry mostly, has been pretty shit,
Though Buzzer's Groupon chant was one major hit.

Sometimes banter becomes anger to others,
Only Frank went so far as to nail people's mothers.

Love it. Top work Sir.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well I for one like Attila, seen him many times over the years and we always have a good chat about the Palace....he gave my the "donkey derby" CD at one of his gigs, and I played it with a smile on.

On his LP (i Think) it says thanks to everyone except the scum palace fans..I even smirked at that!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Oh please. That "song" sums him up, and did so even at the time - massively out of touch and boringly irrelevant. Our club had the begging buckets out and on a fund raising CD of Tom Hark, someone indulged him in the least funny, most poorly timed attempt at laughing at our arch rivals. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to try and take the piss out of Palace at a time when our club was a mess and they were consistently challenging for Premiership promotion? But even that might have been forgiveable if he had recorded some spiced up terrace song that we could all empathise with, instead of some truly shit self indulgent twaddle about a result that only served to remind most of us that they went on to reach the cup final by beating the same team later that season.

Nonsense, it was a great b-side, just because we were at deaths door it didn't mean I hated Palace any less. In times of need self indulgence is often an escape and at the time I felt it was a shot in the arm. The vast majority of Albion fans didn't go begging to Selhurst and the vast majority of Palace fans didn't give two hoots about us. It makes the current climate all the more sweeter and that record I will treasure as a reminder of the dark ages BT. We had NONE of the treasures that we have now so every little nugget was welcome back then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here