Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attendances

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate attendance will always be 30600 Do people think that now can only get guest tickets for those on your friends/family list there will be more empty seats.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Appreciate attendance will always be 30600 Do people think that now can only get guest tickets for those on your friends/family list there will be more empty seats.
The games that have the most empty seats are always the ones where the club cannot sell all their seats and therefore the exchange does not open. In other words the least popular ones.
I cannot see the guest ticket thing affecting that situation much either way.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Talking of attendances, does anyone know the attendance at Goodison on Saturday?
I cannot find it anywhere.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Do I think a 2 min registration process will put off people buying tickets? No I don’t it will

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Talking of attendances, does anyone know the attendance at Goodison on Saturday?
I cannot find it anywhere.
I saw your post and thought I bet I can find that online somewhere but nope doesn't seem to be showing on any of the usual sites. Capacity is 39k and they averaged 36k last season so I guess somewhere between the two?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given our average attendance last year was 31500, I don't think this thread is going well

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Why would 1300 seats not be sold (31,900ish capaucity) - agree actual attendance might be around 30,600 due to summer holidays, it being Man Utd means need previous history to buy a ticket

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion's capacity is now 31,876 - it ticked up a few seasons ago from 30,600 when TB pushed the (cheaper) seats together and filled in some of the gaps.
The record attendance i think (or rather tickets sold) is now 31,752 v Liverpool last season and tickets sold/attendances bumped around 31.600 or so all season and i think the exchange was open for just about every game. Of course some of the evening games had a few empty seats or if there were transport issues etc.
That will continue - but its pretty rare nowadays. Nearly every game is at capacity. The new guest ticket process will make no difference at all.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I saw your post and thought I bet I can find that online somewhere but nope doesn't seem to be showing on any of the usual sites. Capacity is 39k and they averaged 36k last season so I guess somewhere between the two?
The BBC or Sky usually show the attendances but they have every match except ours!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The games that have the most empty seats are always the ones where the club cannot sell all their seats and therefore the exchange does not open. In other words the least popular ones.
I cannot see the guest ticket thing affecting that situation much either way.

This
I tried to get a ticket for my daughter V Burnley anywhere in the NW/NS/WL right up to an hour before KO and couldn't because there were plenty of unsold tickets in other areas of the stadium so the exchange wasn't open.

On the day around 50% of the seats around me in the NW were empty. Very annoying.

I've bought tickets in all the areas around the NW in the past and we've always found a free seat near us to sit together.

Fortunately the bloke next to me moved to another area to be near mates so I've snapped up his ST for this season when the club offered it up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The BBC or Sky usually show the attendances but they have every match except ours!
Everton *may* be tempted to account creatively over ticket sales due to their dire financial situation.

This has caused some issues for the intrepid Seagulls Fantasy League players, where predicting the crowd is part of the points. The crowd is still not published.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Everton *may* be tempted to account creatively over ticket sales due to their dire financial situation.

This has caused some issues for the intrepid Seagulls Fantasy League players, where predicting the crowd is part of the points. The crowd is still not published.
I've noticed a dumming down of the attendace figures, probably due to the pretendance approach. I used to scour the sunday papers for attendances across the leagues but finding them altogether anywhere now is really difficult.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
This
I tried to get a ticket for my daughter V Burnley anywhere in the NW/NS/WL right up to an hour before KO and couldn't because there were plenty of unsold tickets in other areas of the stadium so the exchange wasn't open.

On the day around 50% of the seats around me in the NW were empty. Very annoying.

I've bought tickets in all the areas around the NW in the past and we've always found a free seat near us to sit together.

Fortunately the bloke next to me moved to another area to be near mates so I've snapped up his ST for this season when the club offered it up.
Well done you on sorting your own situation.
This is one of those issues where a solution is not easy. The club will quite rightly want to sell all their own spare tickets before reselling exchange ones because there is more in it for them. The issue always occurs when it gets down to those last ones especially odd singles and those in the s/e corner next to the away fans.
I sometimes wonder if they actually lose some sales because of it.
My idea would be to have a way that season ticket holders only (i.e. not casual buyers) would be able to look at a stadium image showing seats listed on the exchange in their section of the ground and buy one or two before the exchange opens to general sale. I suppose however there would be a problem with the logistics of such a scheme and probably extra costs for a small return.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Famous last words, I'm having trouble assigning the guest account to my ticket, how do I continue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here