Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance tonight... 25,518 (merged)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Makes sense to have the same attendance counting across all teams. Also, quite interesting to know the numbers who actually paid for a seat even if they did miss it for unforseen or whatever reasons.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
After 50 years of supporting the Albion, I now realise that I have been wrong all that time.

While I have been watching a game of football on the pitch and worrying about the result of the match, I should have been ignoring all that trivial stuff and fretting over how many empty seats there were, and why.

Then, instead of discussing the team's performance, I should have been taking the club to task for not telling me how many people were actually in the ground ... or should they have been telling me how many tickets were actually sold ...or both...?

Maybe we should not bother to stage a game at all so that all 25,500 of us (or should that be 23,000 or 20,000?) can concentrate on more important matters by spending 90 minutes counting the empty seats in the ground? Then a protest outside the boardroom is surely the next step?

To be honest, what was the point in building a new stadium if it only means even more fans' lives being ruined by not knowing the exact attendance figures ...or should that be tickets sold ..?

I will attend on Saturday armed with binoculars and a calculator, and hope that the football doesn't interfere too much with the real purpose of being there.

Makes sense to have the same attendance counting across all teams. Also, quite interesting to know the numbers who actually paid for a seat even if they did miss it for unforseen or whatever reasons.

I wonder how many clubs of the ninety two in the Premier League and the Football League record actual attendance and how many record tickets sold?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If they are counting no shows ,this probably means we will see a 30,000 crowd this season.weeehaaaaaa

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
After 50 years of supporting the Albion, I now realise that I have been wrong all that time.

While I have been watching a game of football on the pitch and worrying about the result of the match, I should have been ignoring all that trivial stuff and fretting over how many empty seats there were, and why.

Then, instead of discussing the team's performance, I should have been taking the club to task for not telling me how many people were actually in the ground ... or should they have been telling me how many tickets were actually sold ...or both...?

Maybe we should not bother to stage a game at all so that all 25,500 of us (or should that be 23,000 or 20,000?) can concentrate on more important matters by spending 90 minutes counting the empty seats in the ground? Then a protest outside the boardroom is surely the next step?

To be honest, what was the point in building a new stadium if it only means even more fans' lives being ruined by not knowing the exact attendance figures ...or should that be tickets sold ..?

I will attend on Saturday armed with binoculars and a calculator, and hope that the football doesn't interfere too much with the real purpose of being there.

Great post made me laugh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blackburn Rovers pulled in just over 13,000 last night against Hull.

Just saying.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If they had reported the number attended and not sold, they could be accused of trying to defraud? Just asking :)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So from now on we can't ever compare past Albion attendances and will only roughly know if we've broken any records - what a crock of shit!

how accurate do you think the ones in the past were????

how accurate do you think the ones in the past were????

Good point as there has always been the accusation of attendances being "lowered" to save a few bob with the tax man. However at least they were attendances and there is no concrete proof that every club fabricated the figures. The figure at Tuesday night's match are being labelled attendance when they are in fact tickets sold, all the club need to do is give two figures at the end of each match. Surely that can't be too hard?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why stop at two figures? I think we should DEMAND that the club publish a list of all 'fans' who have bought tickets and then not BOTHERED to turn up. We have a RIGHT to know who these people are, how MANY of them there are, and WHERE they live, and then we should HOUND them from PILLAR to POST, or something.

This is IMPORTANT and we should not stop until we are SATISFIED. :hilton:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here