Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance tonight... 25,518 (merged)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry but this is always going to be a question of seats sold V bums on seats.

From that point of view of BHAFC seats sold has it for me !

WOAH 25500 plus, isn't that ----ing good ?

I, for one , am in dreamland !

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
On the basis the South or North on their own hold about 2500(ish) each, and there were 2.5 of the 4 or so blocks empty, plus miscellaneous empties dotted about, I'd say 2250 no-shows/not-solds would be about right? East, North, SW corner and all of WSU as far as I could tell looked packed, it was only the South & South East...

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
ESU was rammed, NS was rammed, WSL & WSU was rammed South stand had a bit of space and the dedicated away South East Corner section was sparse!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyway - highest attendance in the championship :)

Exactly. The official figures state that we had the highest gate of all games played in England tonight. After the frustrations of Withdean, I am more than happy with that!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Biggest crowd in the Championship this evening, only Wolves even came close.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

25,518 Official Attendance

A truly great figure, but this confirms we have joined the Palace/Arsenal/Many others club in reporting ticket sales rather than actual bums on seats.

There were 2500 unsold seats in the away area and south stand yesterday. Add these to this total and we are bang on the current official capacity.

There were obviously a number of ST no shows. There were many seats around me empty in the family area. From there I could see many 1901's empty, a block of about 10 in the SW corner and odd seats in the WSL and North.

At this time of year ST no shows are to be expected, but we have to realise from now on, the official attendance will be the SOLD figure and not the bums on seats figure.

Is this right? It makes us look bigger and puts us on a level playing field with others who report this way, so I think I am for it. It might also show us in the top 3 for attendances this year.

The other side of the argument is that it's wholly dishonest. It is not the attendance.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Could be interesting when the ticket exchange is up and running ! If they include all season tickets in the attendance and additional tickets sold via the ticket exchange, could be some very strange figures !

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I never remember people moaning this much at withdean when we were getting 3,000 odd for a game and swathes of empty seats in our ultra modern athletics stadium of a shit hole. Just be grateful we have a fantastic stadium and the envy of many a fan and will be by the end of the season have had the highest average attendance the Albion have ever had. Now just need a striker to convert the chances

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I never remember people moaning this much at withdean when we were getting 3,000 odd for a game and swathes of empty seats in our ultra modern athletics stadium of a shit hole. Just be grateful we have a fantastic stadium and the envy of many a fan and will be by the end of the season have had the highest average attendance the Albion have ever had. Now just need a striker to convert the chances

Are people moaning? It's clearly a change the Albion have made and people have noticed and are curious.

That over 25,000 people bought a ticket for an Albion game is amazing - no one can deny that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here