Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atmosphere tonight

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
was amazing tonight the atmosphere

tell you what, was in the north stand tonight, excellent but got to give credit to the kids in the family stand!! they gave it some too, proud of them

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I am glad it came across well on TV, because I said to my son at the game that I bet it would. Leeds were the loudest away fans yet. I would be very surprised if Palace were louder. At one point I looked around the ground and saw people standing and singing in every stand including 1901. Jeez it's great to hear a crowd in frenzy, rather than a small ripple at Withdean. Great game, great atmosphere, great beer and great pies, what more can a man ask for? Well maybe three points, but coming back from the dead, was nearly as good.

From WSU front row, did see one 1901er stand up, but quickly sit down again.

Great comeback, cocky Leeds crumbled in second half.
With 2 CLASS fullback acquisitions in January, I think we'll go up next May. The only weakness is Painter & Calderon. Great blokes & now squad back-up, if we get those fullbacks!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think we've seen the 2 best away supports in the country in those last 2 games. Liverpool and Leeds are, for me, comfortably 2 of the best if not THE best. It doesn't matter where Leeds are playing, they take good numbers and make good noise. The atmosphere at the Amex is unreal, it's been brilliantly designed.

What a game of football it was tonight, the atmosphere matched the quality of play we were watching. Being in the Championship has made such a difference. Imagine how different it could all have been, if we'd been stuck in league 1 playing Tranmere on the friday night!...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We were very quiet for long periods in the first half.
As soon as CMS scored the first, the atmos went ballistic.

Leeds were loud, until they lost the lead.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
went to the game and watching it on TV now and was just going to post this!!!! When we were down 2-0 we lost a bit of our voices, but 2nd half was amazing. My throat is sore yet feels so good!!! Really enjoyed tonight - best league match in the Amex yet in my opinion.

3 days rest now then CRANKING IT TO THE MAX vs scum on tuesday!!!!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
We were great for the first 10 mins or so then it was all Leeds, they were impressive. Second half though was amazing, great atmosphere.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just after our third goal once the goal celebration had finished it just seemed to be total noise, not a song or a chant just noise - it was amazing

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
was immense. Watched on TV, sounded better that Liverpool game. West stand beat the North stand hands down, I suppose 13,000 v 2500 explains it. The bitter Croydon folk are going to suffer on Tuesday

but it isntjust the west stand the east sing the same time as them against the north so 18000 against 2500 .why is it always aput down, the north is f***ing magic .

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A real 'match' from my POV. Great stuff from both sets of fans and players alike. To be brutally honest, I had totally written us off when it was 0-2...but what a turnaround!
Who honestly would have bet on us clawing it back and taking the leed (sic)? To throw it away on a pretty amateurish mistake by a certain goalkeeper, was incredibly silly, but the score was fair for the overall performance of both teams.

Got to admit (finally on topic) that Leeds were by far the 'best' in terms of adding to the atmosphere, and barring the obligatory cretins, were a hell of a decent bunch.

All in all, not a bad day at the office.

(And great to see a very old friend of mine, Lisa, from way back.)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
A real 'match' from my POV. Great stuff from both sets of fans and players alike. To be brutally honest, I had totally written us off when it was 0-2...but what a turnaround!
Who honestly would have bet on us clawing it back and taking the leed (sic)? To throw it away on a pretty amateurish mistake by a certain goalkeeper, was incredibly silly, but the score was fair for the overall performance of both teams.

Got to admit (finally on topic) that Leeds were by far the 'best' in terms of adding to the atmosphere, and barring the obligatory cretins, were a hell of a decent bunch.

All in all, not a bad day at the office.

(And great to see a very old friend of mine, Lisa, from way back.)

Spot on. Leeds fans were incredible.....a tribute too, to the Amex - how 2,300 people can make that much noise is fantastic. All round brilliant evening - shame to concede in 93rd minute, but a draw was a fair result. Cracking entertainment, and back home in Somerset by ten past midnight!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just after our third goal once the goal celebration had finished it just seemed to be total noise, not a song or a chant just noise - it was amazing

yes-this is the main point-totally agree

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
lmao cant belive it as an old but bold goldstone northstander the west outsinging the north just ain,t right need to extend the north end of the ground to even the numbers a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here