Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere (Spurs H)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From 2-1, probably among the best atmospheres ever at the Amex. Up there with Chelsea (the Cucurella crying match) and Doncaster first league game at the Amex.

I checked NSC at half time fully expecting absolute bedwettery and wasn’t let down, but I could just *feel* something was going to happen for us for those of us in the ground. The buzz around me generally was positive actually, apart from the same miserable old prick who constantly complains about everything a few seats along.

Quite a few posters from the match day thread plus the guy who started a thread at 0-1 down to complain put on ignore. Matchday threads when we’re losing really highlights how clueless some of our entitled fans are.

One more thing, the young guy on the concourse next to me at half time sipping a Harvey’s :bowdown:

Not doing a comedy bit (it wasn’t me) but he said; 1) Pervis would replace Ferdi at half time 2) we’d draw or win it because Spurs are bottlers and 3) Rutter and/or Minteh would score.

If you’re reading this, that’s some foresight!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's sods law that it would be an amazing game with a great atmosphere because I was unwell and couldn't go.
Very flat in the first half, crowd was silent, football was dreadful, but the second half was tremendous from the fans and players alike.
Cracking game to watch, I hope whoever had my seat enjoyed it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's sods law that it would be an amazing game with a great atmosphere because I was unwell and couldn't go.
Very flat in the first half, crowd was silent, football was dreadful, but the second half was tremendous from the fans and players alike.
Cracking game to watch, I hope whoever had my seat enjoyed it.
It wasn't a great atmosphere in the first half.
One of the worst, I can remember.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It wasn't a great atmosphere in the first half.
One of the worst, I can remember.
Agreed. And that includes the Spuds fans who - despite the 'Is this the Emirates?' chant at 2-0 - were near silent!

I'm not one to get hung up on atmospheres, but it's a bit rich complaining about a lack of noise when you're not making any yourselves!

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Thought the atmosphere at 0-0 was ok, especially compared to some of the 2pm Sunday games we had last year.
Going to be flat at 2 down but well recovered

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thought the atmosphere at 0-0 was ok, especially compared to some of the 2pm Sunday games we had last year.
Going to be flat at 2 down but well recovered
I felt the opposite.
The NSK, started the "is this a library" chant before we were 1-0 down.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Good atmosphere second half but nowhere near Sheffield Wednesday, Chelsea, palace matches or the man u euro qualification match. I'm fact there have been loads of better atmosphered games over the years.
Fair enough, I think being a Sunday late kick off and televised (usually a bad combo for atmos) perhaps slightly elevated the feeling. Still, it was cracking after the first goal went in

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Interesting. It sounded dreadful on the TV!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
From 2-1, probably among the best atmospheres ever at the Amex. Up there with Chelsea (the Cucurella crying match) and Doncaster first league game at the Amex.

I checked NSC at half time fully expecting absolute bedwettery and wasn’t let down, but I could just *feel* something was going to happen for us for those of us in the ground. The buzz around me generally was positive actually, apart from the same miserable old prick who constantly complains about everything a few seats along.

Quite a few posters from the match day thread plus the guy who started a thread at 0-1 down to complain put on ignore. Matchday threads when we’re losing really highlights how clueless some of our entitled fans are.

One more thing, the young guy on the concourse next to me at half time sipping a Harvey’s :bowdown:

Not doing a comedy bit (it wasn’t me) but he said; 1) Pervis would replace Ferdi at half time 2) we’d draw or win it because Spurs are bottlers and 3) Rutter and/or Minteh would score.

I guess you won’t read this as I will be on ignore but I am going to respond anyway. Your post is everything wrong with NSC, I couldn’t be at the game as I live too far away, I was watching alone and my comments on how we were set up and playing are what I would have said to the person sitting next to me and I am sure thousands of fans said something very similar during that first half.

It’s a football forum it’s about opinions. As for the frankly childish comments like bedwetter and entitled that’s just childish nonsense. If you want an echo chamber where every opinion mirrors you own you go fot it.

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
……I could just *feel* something was going to happen for us for those of us in the ground. The buzz around me generally was positive actually…….
I find that quite an amazing statement. Where I am, in the East Upper, the mood at half time was (rightly) dreadful. We’d had a terrible first half, one of the worst I can remember at the Amex, and people were openly speculating about how many more we’d ship in the second. Not a shred of optimism anywhere.

As for the atmosphere, it was very poor in the first. My block is closer to the away fans than the NS and as usual they sounded much louder than our own lot. I suppose if you’re in the NS, all you can hear is yourselves but the away fans are always louder, just as we are often louder at away games.

Yes, the atmosphere improved a lot in the second. The first Albion goal really shut up the Spurs fans. There was a really sudden change in mood from their lot and the whole stadium really rose to the challenge of urging on the Albion. I felt that this was one occasion when the fans genuinely helped to swing the result. Well played, all of us!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I think you might be applying a tiny bit of hindsight to this. Given the situation at half time, I fail to believe that you had a sense that something was going to happen for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here