Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere last night.

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
Greetings Albion fans.

Saints fan here-just wanted to post something about the game last night.I won't get involved in some of the mud slinging in other threads and contrary to what may have been said, we don't think we have any god given right to beat teams in this Div and Swindon and yourselves deservedly beat us at our place.

Now, i go to a lot of away games with my 15 year old lad and for most away trips, the atmosphere is utter cack. You lot were very impressive last night and considering the non existant acoustics, made a fair old racket on that side to our right.:thumbsup:

Only Millwall this season, and then only in brief moments did they create anything like you lot did.
I wouldn't worry about getting decent crowds at Falmer-you will.
Look forward to playing at your new ground when we can get back to some of the juicy derby's we had in the 70s and 80s.

Cheers.
That is all.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Shame some people can't realise that H block do make some decent noise at times. Let's have that kind of atmosphere for the rest of the season.

P.S Fair play to Albion fans who were singing on the mud path between the ground and station. Couldn't see them but they were making a bloody racket. :thumbsup:

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
Mr Hammond and Mr Harding.

Forgive my ignorance, both came in for some grief last night.
What had they done to cause upset? I know Harding used to play for you and as for Hammond, if he did something during the game, we would never see it from the distance we had to watch)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cant ever recall any opposing fan saying they enjoyed the atmosphere at withers so hats off and glad you and your family enjoyed the game.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
What had they done to cause upset? I know Harding used to play for you and as for Hammond, if he did something during the game, we would never see it from the distance we had to watch)

Hammond has always, always got a warm welcome from Bha fans. When he ran out yesterday their was more people clapping then booing. When he got your first he ran the entire length of the south stand blowing kisses and over celebrating. He should of been given a 2nd yellow ( if taking your shirt off is a yellow then that was.) He acted like an utter tool.

Harding is just an utter cock. Shame Lualua didn't go up against him, that would have been funny as f*** :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

They both played for us and came through the ranks as kids. Most of had no gripe with either until Hammond deemed it neccessary to goad us after his goal. (Which in fact he never touched)

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
great in the family stand as well. watching all the future albion boys and girls getting behind the lads was fantastic, for once i didnt feel embarassed to sing up!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Harding screwed the club around with his contract, and ended up going to Leeds (Tribunal gave us a decent amount).

Like the others in this thread, I never had any real problems with Hammond. Decent player for us, and wanted to have another shot at the Championship which is fair enough in hindsight. But his celebration has instantly made me lose all respect for him. To do that to the club that brought you through the ranks and made him who he is, is nothing short of disgraceful IMO. I certainly won't be welcoming him back in future games.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Greetings Albion fans.

Saints fan here-just wanted to post something about the game last night.I won't get involved in some of the mud slinging in other threads and contrary to what may have been said, we don't think we have any god given right to beat teams in this Div and Swindon and yourselves deservedly beat us at our place.

Now, i go to a lot of away games with my 15 year old lad and for most away trips, the atmosphere is utter cack. You lot were very impressive last night and considering the non existant acoustics, made a fair old racket on that side to our right.:thumbsup:

Only Millwall this season, and then only in brief moments did they create anything like you lot did.
Look forward to playing at your new ground when we can get back to some of the juicy derby's we had in the 70s and 80s.

Cheers.
That is all.

Good post. Shame some others have used it to have a go again, but most of us appreciate decent football chat. Ta.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Greetings Albion fans.

Cheers.
That is all.

Nice post mate :thumbsup:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Appreciate the post LondonSaint. Glad we were able to make an atmosphere against the odds!!! Takes a combo of a local(ish) derby and floodlit fixture to achieve sadly but we should have plenty more to come at The Seagulls' Nest in a year or two.

Looking forward to a promotion tussle with you guys next season meantime

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, very good post, hopefully our change in fortunes can continue and both of us can join Pompey and Palace in the Championship in time for Falmer...that would make the first season there a little bit more interesting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here