Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atmosphere at withers todays

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone else think the atmosphere at Withdean was one of the worst we have ever had at Withdean.

I know it was wet, uninspiring and there were a heck of a lot of people there who hadn.t been before, but the "singing section" in block H hardly made a peep and the rest of the ground was really quiet.

in fact the only two things that got the crowd going was the passing sequence of about 15 passes in teh first half and Scott McGleish's injury ( which I actually thought was a bloody good save from Brevo)

I couldn't believe how quiet it was today.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Did anyone else think the atmosphere at Withdean was one of the worst we have ever had at Withdean.

I know it was wet, uninspiring and there were a heck of a lot of people there who hadn.t been before, but the "singing section" in block H hardly made a peep and the rest of the ground was really quiet.

in fact the only two things that got the crowd going was the passing sequence of about 15 passes in teh first half and Scott McGleish's injury ( which I actually thought was a bloody good save from Brevo)

I couldn't believe how quiet it was today.

I think that the majority of the Withdean crowd have given up hope and almost expect us to lose most home games. It really is depressing and I can see no end to it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It actually gets worse every time I go. I always head to the game in the hope that this might just be a turning point, but it just gets worse.
I feel a bit sorry for Gus, he must wonder what the f*** he has walked into. I hope he hangs around long enough to change the f***ing lot of them.
God I'm so pissed off with watching shit!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What do you expect as fans are getting soaked and piss poor football being played ?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What do you expect as fans are getting soaked and piss poor football being played ?

I agree, however, even at the start of teh game when they were coming out, there did appear a huge wave of apathy around the ground and within 5 minutes, the ground was almost silent

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Atomsphere is hard enough to make at withdean when were doing well!
The abysmal football dosen't help!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I agree, however, even at the start of teh game when they were coming out, there did appear a huge wave of apathy around the ground and within 5 minutes, the ground was almost silent

If there was something to shout about, we'd shout. It's just sooooo bad right now, I f***ing despair!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I know what you mean but firstly Mini flatly refused to go today as he cited getting soaked and poor football so although he had decided yesterday when he looked at the weather you cannot defend that decision.

What do you think the atmosphere might have been a few years back when we won regularly at home ?

The main issue is we are very poor at home and therefore the expectation evapourates after 5 minutes when it is bleeding obvious what a sh1te game is being played.

Last edited:

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
We were singing a little in the B block today. I hate it at withdean you turn up watch shit football, get soaked, and all for the amazing price of £40 (Me and my dad). Absoulute shite, today was the 3rd time I've ever been and I will never go again until Falmer, absolute shite, I f***ing hate it.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
We were singing a little in the B block today. I hate it at withdean you turn up watch shit football, get soaked, and all for the amazing price of £40 (Me and my dad). Absoulute shite, today was the 3rd time I've ever been and I will never go again until Falmer, absolute shite, I f***ing hate it.

Another satisfied customer. :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, I did notice the absence of atmosphere. So quiet in Block A.

It's up to us fans to make the noise. That's one thing we can't hold the team responsible for.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(

With an attitude like that, you really wont be missed!

Support your team through thick and thin, if not you'll be watching a Blue Square league team at Falmer!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With an attitude like that, you really wont be missed!

Support your team through thick and thin, if not you'll be watching a Blue Square league team at Falmer!

I apologise if you think I am picking on you, I assure you I am not, BUT do you actually see that some people who are deeply unhappy at the current situation have a point....or is it in your world that if you are unhappy you f*** off and support someone else?

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
I suupport crawley and I could have gone to Crawley agianst Eastbourne today in the covered west stand instead I went to Withdean to watch a boring 0-0 draw, the Crawley game was 2-2 :O

Never again, maybe 1 game in August in the heat next season but that's it for me. Paying 16 quid to watch the quality of a sunday league game isn't good.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I apologise if you think I am picking on you, I assure you I am not, BUT do you actually see that some people who are deeply unhappy at the current situation have a point....or is it in your world that if you are unhappy you f*** off and support someone else?

Yes and yes, my reply wasn't aimed at you, keep up!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes and yes, my reply wasn't aimed at you, keep up!

there you go then.

I suppose it must be different supporting your home town team. My home town team is my second team so perhaps I dont subscribe to this - blindly accept what you see -as its "your home town team"

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I suupport crawley and I could have gone to Crawley agianst Eastbourne today in the covered west stand instead I went to Withdean to watch a boring 0-0 draw, the Crawley game was 2-2 :O

Never again, maybe 1 game in August in the heat next season but that's it for me. Paying 16 quid to watch the quality of a sunday league game isn't good.

:wave: cheerio

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here