Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At last, some great news

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The BBC have dumped the boat race coverage, this year will be the last. I've been waiting 30 years to see the end of that anachronistic pile of shite. Sounds like the organisers tried to play hard-ball over the rights - and their bluff has been well and truly called. A great day for sport.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i feel slightly dissapointed by that reaction!!! its better than the horse racing they would have on instead and last years was a cracker...im not so pleased

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I don't much care - it's usually on at a time when I am travelling to a football match.

Glad to hear that the BBC weren't prepapred to pay over the odds for it though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the BBC ought to cover the Adur Bath Tub race instead.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think its a shame that the Boat Race won't be screened by the BBC anymore, especially as its only an annual event. We have all the Sky sports channels and it is no worse than most of the crap they televise on a weekly basis.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I remember when the whole family used to watch it. Our family was always Oxford for some reason - gone are those days, just not sure which went fiirst, that or watching the Queens speech.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Maybe they could just cover the qualifying rounds up to the semi.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indifference is a very useful tool in any argument. It leads to the opponent becoming more and more frustrated, angry and irrational.

Marvellous.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Easy 10 said:
Indifference is a very useful tool in any argument. It leads to the opponent becoming more and more frustrated, angry and irrational.

Marvellous.

Yeah, the problem with the Falmer issue is that the vast majority of the population of Brighton, and Sussex, is indifferent.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Indifferent means wonderful. Last night, Daisy said to me 'ooh, that's in different, that's wonderful'. Ba boom.

What was the point on the BBC wasting a lorry load of licence payers' money on two sets of steroid-laden chinless inbreds going backwards on a plank of wood 4 miles up the widest sewer channel in Europe? And the same steroid-laden chinless inbreds every year at that. As if those wankers need any more money. If there's dosh flying about for university kids, give it to those who need it most. Like those who are going to get clobbered with top-up fees.

Never mind eggs and flour thrown at them, how about lobbing petrol bombs or mortar grenades.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
blimey, it was one of those annual things that you'd sit with your mum and watch like the Grand National, London Marathon (or is it a Snickers) Eurovision, FA Cup Final, Wimbledon Final, Worlds Strongest Man (with Geoff Capes), World Darts, Horse of the year show and the World Snooker Championship and all that useless stuff you wouldn't dream of watching any other time.

I don't think many of them get the viewing they used to in the early 80's

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
ITV To The 'Rescue'

ITV has won exclusive rights to televise the Oxford v Cambridge University Boat Race.

The race will be shown on the BBC this year and on ITV from 2005 to 2009.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here