Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good old randy :clap: :clap: :clap:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Fair play Randy & Villa. Touch of class :clap:

Just goes to show not all foreign owners are tossers, with no interest in the local community surrounding their club :thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
well done to them and their owner who has shown them to be a community club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Heard a snippet of this on 5 Live last night but forgot to follow it up to see what it was all about.

Great effort from Villa, although I think the 'copy-cat' comparison with Barca is a little bit unfair. Although not wishing to demean Barca's arrangement, Villa's is for a small local charity not a large international scale charity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its win-win really isn't it?

The charity get the exposure they need, to help with revenue generation.

For the club, the PR value is hard to quantify, but certainly significant. Also, the Acorn logo may actually boost Villa's shirt sales against a corporate sponsor - a lot of people don't like wearing an advert, but would see this differently.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
whats £2million income to a team anyway, well played

Maybe they'd like to give us £2m to properly compensate for Gareth Barry. Imho a Villa love-in is the last thing this board needs. Oh and they nicked Nigel Kennedy off us as well.

;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've got no doubt Villa will recoup the £2m in lost income by fleecing lower league clubs of their best players for buttons and then moaning that they paid too much.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think this is a pretty fine gesture, it has certainly brought Acorns to the attention of the nation, I would wager that a fair few Villa fans will also send a few bob their way too. As someone pointed out, not every foreign owner is a poor one, I suspect Mr Lerner is probably more concerned with the image of the club than on missing out on a couple of million quid...I would have to say that on this one he is spot on, fair play to him.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Its win-win really isn't it?

The charity get the exposure they need, to help with revenue generation.

For the club, the PR value is hard to quantify, but certainly significant. Also, the Acorn logo may actually boost Villa's shirt sales against a corporate sponsor - a lot of people don't like wearing an advert, but would see this differently.

was thinking that too

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Maybe they'd like to give us £2m to properly compensate for Gareth Barry. Imho a Villa love-in is the last thing this board needs. Oh and they nicked Nigel Kennedy off us as well.

;)

I've got no doubt Villa will recoup the £2m in lost income by fleecing lower league clubs of their best players for buttons and then moaning that they paid too much.

FFS! some people really are petty. Does this keep you awake at night?

Well done Villa - from the large minded majority!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here