Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aspinall - Put the away fans in the corner of the AMEX

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought it has already been said,thats whats happening!!!!!!,spurs are flying

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's fine with the away fans being behind the goal, otherwise we'll end up with Brighton fans in East Upper above away fans in East Lower.

It's already happening when the new seats go in, the away fans will be in the south east corner.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Maybe I'm the only one but I'd rather see away fans behind the goal. Takes two sets of fans to make an atmosphere so why not bring it on? If we're good enough on the pitch we'll win whatever.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Maybe I'm the only one but I'd rather see away fans behind the goal. Takes two sets of fans to make an atmosphere so why not bring it on? If we're good enough on the pitch we'll win whatever.

I agree with this. I really think it makes no difference - keep all the away fans in one stand. If stands are shared we end up with segregation and unused seats.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If it wasn't for the whole tradition and stuff, I'd say give the away fans the North Stand, with the new designs it'll be almost cut off anyway because of the access tunnels.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
In general I think it's shit that away fans are put in the worst seats in the stadium personally, especially in bigger stadiums. Doesn't help the atmosphere.

May not be such a big deal at the AMEX though I suppose.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

The Newcastle fans didnt make any noise for the whole game and that was still a decent atmos

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If they get the (new) south east corner they can be totally separated with their own concourse so no problems with potential crowd trouble - bit like we were herded into a corner at Cardiff from pitchside right up to the top of the stand. Someone will know how many that corner will accomodate - I guess it needs to be 2.5K plus for league games and we will need to find nearly double that (potentially) for an attractive cup tie (away side allowed 15%)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here