Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask the Club Stupid Question...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Despite the fact that we dicked them, I'm still getting shit from Stains-supporting mates about the DVD we brought out out after the game.

It makes us so small time. Bring them out for all games by all means, but not because we've beaten some fallen ex-prem team.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd like it if the club did bring out more DVDs of interesting games, such as the 4-2 home defeat against Stockport last season and the 7-1 Huddersfield game. Then it wouldn't seem such a big deal if they then did a Charlton game release.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Charlton game - North Stand Chat

Please oh please can we not make a DVD of this performance. Yes it was good, but charlton were shite, can we please win gracefully rather than calling for a DVD every time we shut out an opponent.

Each to his own. I happen to think that the Charlton game was exceptional enough to warrant a DVD. You don't. So what? It hardly warrants your silly snipe me thinks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Each to his own. I happen to think that the Charlton game was exceptional enough to warrant a DVD. You don't. So what? It hardly warrants your silly snipe me thinks.

:thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I can't imagine ever wanting to watch a reply of all 90 mins of ANY game.

apart from Hereford and Donny, maybe

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
apart from Hereford and Donny, maybe

I have the Hereford DVD, but can't bring myself to watch it for fear that when they break through one on one in the last minute their forward scores instead of shooting it tamely at our keeper.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I have the Hereford DVD, but can't bring myself to watch it for fear that when they break through one on one in the last minute their forward scores instead of shooting it tamely at our keeper.

Don't watch it.

I have and they do.

I know what you mean. The shock of seeing that could jolt you back into reality, where we are currently playing in Ryman Division One (South) at the greyhound stadium.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't imagine ever wanting to watch a reply of all 90 mins of ANY game.
Indeed. Even the Donny or Hereford ones. Twenty minutes edited highlights yes, but I think you've got to be a special kind of anorak to want to watch all ninety minutes (plus all the stoppages) of ANY game when you know not only the result but when all the 'good bits' come. I watched a replay of the 1966 World Cup final a year or so ago and 90% of it was pure tedium.

And yes, these 'we beat an ex-prem team' DVDs do make us look two-bob.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would buy a DVD of it - I can't get to many games. I buy every DVD just to see the team play. A DVD every now and again nicely supplements what I get to see on Seagulls world.

It may be embarassing for the fans that go to most games, but for me it is essential.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would buy a DVD of it - I can't get to many games. I buy every DVD just to see the team play. A DVD every now and again nicely supplements what I get to see on Seagulls world.

It may be embarassing for the fans that go to most games, but for me it is essential.

It's embarrasing for the club. If we did a DVD of *every* game then that would be fine, but just because we won and played decent its embarrasing !!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Good news though: on the same note I just watched the 1983 Cup Final again and Gordon Smith's extra time winner was just brilliant :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It's embarrasing for the club. If we did a DVD of *every* game then that would be fine, but just because we won and played decent its embarrasing !!

I understand that arguement, some clubs (I think Bristol City are one) offer all their games on DVD. I guess they have a DVD burner and just make the discs to order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here