• 36-40 Million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+ Million

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
well if you read the press.......£17m transfer fee plus £130K per week for 5 years makes him worth £50m all-in

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's a good move for him, he was stuck in a Villa side who were achieving f*** all and I think it's about time he got his chance at a bigger club, 130k a week though? The only people who are worth earning that much money are the soldiers out there.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who do you compare him to??

If Henderson is worth £20m then I'd say he's twice the player he is and if Carroll is worth £35m I'd say Young is streets ahead of him so at £18m Man Utd have got a snip.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whatever someone is willing to pay for him? The transfer market is ridiculous at the moment silly money is being passed around

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
About 50p when he is playing for England, I would think.
He's been the only player who has looked half decent for England lately though?
After FINALLY getting a chance, about 5 years late.
I think he's quality, £15m is a good deal for him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Shame United got him, I quite liked him. To answer the question I reckon around 25m if he had more than one year left. He'll fill a giggs shaped hole. I may re-word that . . .

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Nice to see the big clubs buying English players. Don't know if it would have been the same story without the new quota system requiring them to. Hopefully it will have a positive knock on effect on the national team...

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
He's been the only player who has looked half decent for England lately though?
After FINALLY getting a chance, about 5 years late.
I think he's quality, £15m is a good deal for him.

But Xavi, Iniesta & Messi will remain 2 massive notches above him and them in class.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
46 million. he is basically messi

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Who do you compare him to??

If Henderson is worth £20m then I'd say he's twice the player he is and if Carroll is worth £35m I'd say Young is streets ahead of him so at £18m Man Utd have got a snip.

25 year old Young is far further developed and into his career, hence why, on some days he might seem the more finished article than the youngsters.

Not anti-Liverpool by any chance?

The £31m on Berbatov or £7.4m on Bebe don't earn a mention, in relating the value of Young.

Turns out Henderson was £16m. The £20m was the usual english media rounding-up generously to the nearest £5m.

And Luiz Suarez at £22m. Watched thaty guy play yet?

Anyway, Abramovich kindly paid for Suarez and Carroll (with a little top up from the Ryan Babel cash).

Then of course build in the wages to give the true cash flows:
Young on £120k a week now, youngsters Carroll and Henderson on far far less.

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
In real life term's he's worth £300 a week. In Football Cuckoo lands he's Apparently worth 130k a week. A soldier earns £300 a week. Ashley young trains for an hour a day 4 days a week with the with the odd 90min match on the saturday or midweek for 130k a week. Whats he worth???? More than a soldier away from his/her family risking their lives every day and night? I dont think so. This country has gone money mad when it come's to football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here