Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashby

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Today Ashby showed he can do a job for us. People whinging about his age and the fact he was relegated with the Gills last season need to give him a chance. If we had gone down we wouldn't be doubting Butters credentials for a team aiming at survial in the championship. Ashby and Butters are not long term but they are solid, posistion themselves well and know all the tricks in the book. Also compared to Butters he seemed fairly quick. Dodd seems to still his legs on him too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In our position, I'd sign him up for a season if he was any good at all today...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he looked ok today - and seeing as we dont look likely to get anyone else or be able to have a look at anyone, i would sign him on for a season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Give him at most a 3 month deal whilst we see him against much better forwards. I thought he played well today but he really wasn't up against much, Bournemouth play attractive football but don't seem to have much bite up front or was that because we were so good at the back? :rolleyes:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let's compare him to the Dundee and WBA triallists. Sounds like we had a bit of shape today.

If Ashby and Tank have an understanding we are half way there!

(especially if we get Blayney)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Give him at most a 3 month deal whilst we see him against much better forwards. I thought he played well today but he really wasn't up against much, Bournemouth play attractive football but don't seem to have much bite up front or was that because we were so good at the back? :rolleyes:

Flecther and feeney are good players

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With the speed of our back four this year, I can see us playing the offsise trap game. Nailbiting stuff.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
brightonfan_86 said:
Lets sign him up then, hopefully MM was impressed. His experience with the pikeys in this division will help us.

The key word there is experience. Untill JP gets off his fat arse and gives us a yes, we will struggle to bring in the younger players.

Experience means a lot in the lower leagues. He knows the game and what he might lack in speed now is made up by his knowledge of where the ball / players are going to be / go.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
KinkyGoebels said:
I have no problem with bronging older players - there just needs to be the right balance

Is bronging still legal in this country? :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Buzza said:
Let's compare him to the Dundee and WBA triallists. Sounds like we had a bit of shape today.

If Ashby and Tank have an understanding we are half way there!

(especially if we get Blayney)

I'd say about a 1/3... we need Ashby, Blayney and a lb minimum... doubt we'll get there for the Derby game now tho'... our club too slow, as usual...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
B.W. said:
I'd say about a 1/3... we need Ashby, Blayney and a lb minimum... doubt we'll get there for the Derby game now tho'... our club too slow, as usual...

agree with you 100% BW

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
dougdeep said:
Is bronging still legal in this country? :lolol:

car.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm think his experience would be invaluable to us this season.
If Kerry can show his best form, Hinsh challenging for a place in a couple of months and Dodd & Reid vying for the right back spot, I feel encouraged that we would have a better defence available to us than we did last season. Sometimes our defending looked naive at times last season but I think that would be less likely if we get Ashby, and not to mention Mark Fish (he's only 31 !!!).
After all, how goals did Dan Harding cost us last year !!!

We just need to get Blayney before Saturday !!!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here