Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Celtic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the final CL qualifying round to reach the group stage.

That is all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is an admittedly interesting match-up before the real DULL stuff starts. i.e. the first round of group stages. *yawn*

They can wake me up again when the second round of group stages starts.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
just goes to show that the old round-by-round format was much better than the tedious groups system.

this game looks interesting, then nothing of note until next year when the last 16 round knock out starts

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a nightmare draw for Arsenal. First leg at Parkhead and with Celtic's season already underway and the players match-fit this will be tight.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
As a Celtic follower this is the worst draw we could of got!!!

I dont think there is a single celtic player who'd get into the arsenal team and altho they were excellent in midweek the team spirit and camaraderie which could of seen them beat arsenal hasnt been developed yet.

draw at park head and gunners win at emirates

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
They destroyed Rangers and Rangers were better than Celtic last year

Think Celtic win win the 1st leg, but Arsenal thrash them at L'Emirates

I think you're right, but I wouldn't necessarily say thrash.

Personally I wouldn't put much on the Rangers result though. Rangers quite deservedly won the league last year, but I wouldn't say they were a better side - and they have lost a few very important players in the mean time. Plus it was a friendly.

Still though, when you look at the rest of the draw, this is about (maybe Athletico Madrid aside) the worst result for both sides.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Celtic and Rangers raise the game when playing the old enemy - Could be a tough one for Arsenal

If the Glaswegians played in the prem they coundnt keep it going for a season - reckon they would finish 8th or 9th ?????

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great, more "Battle of Britain" hype for the TV companies.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Have the dates been announced yet? BBC website say that all the games are on Tuesday 18th and Tuesday 25th, so that can't be right

First leg is Tuesday 18th and second leg is Wednesday 26th :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here