Diarra - £2m
Denilson - £4m
Bendtner - Free
Eduardo - £8m

Gibbs - Home Grown
Merida - Free
Barazite - Free

Total Cost - £21million

Kin el........ How on God's earth can mere mortal clubs EVER compete??

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We can't, we carry on with the perennial struggle to stay alive whilst the fat cats get ever fatter on their large bowl of cream, the fatter they get the less chance there is of us squeezing past to get our fill.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not REALLY a reserve team though is it. Eduardo, Bendtner, Diaby, Denilson, Diarra and Senderos all regularly appear for the frist team.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brighton Reserves

Sullivan - Home Grown
Kamara - Trialist
Pearson - Home Grown
Butters - Free
Rents - Home Grown
Martot - Loan
Reid - Free
Loft - Free
Cox - Home Grown
Revel - £15,000
Elder - £15,000

Gatting - Home Grown
Gargan - Home Grown
Pelling - Home Grown

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
after watching the arse last night, if God forbid, anything happened to Brighton, I think I would go up to town and watch them.

they play a game that is significantly different in every way to the one we play.

Did anyone notice that the ball only leaves the ground when they put crosses in or the goalkeeper whacks it forward. It is superb stuff to watch

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Amazing isn't it Mendoza, I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of posters on NSC who drive a car that cost more than our reserve team, it is barely enough for a deposit on a house.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i actually dont think that is very expensive for there reserves.

Bet there are plenty of clubs reserves that cost way more.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
after watching the arse last night, if God forbid, anything happened to Brighton, I think I would go up to town and watch them.

they play a game that is significantly different in every way to the one we play.

Did anyone notice that the ball only leaves the ground when they put crosses in or the goalkeeper whacks it forward. It is superb stuff to watch

They are indeed a joy to watch. They are also bigger and stronger than before, I think. People complain about AW's 'reserves policy' but I'd pay full price to see these lads playing my team (including if I was a Prem Lge Fan e.g Blackburn. You get to see wonderful, pure footy and see the stars of the VERY near future into the bargain.

Our youth team look like they are at least trying to emulate the 'keep-it-on-the-ground' philosophy, so perhaps we can continue to move towards a proper passing game in the future, but as for Arsenal, well it's a different world isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Schevchenko cost more than that total team though? Puts it into a bit of perspective.

What is Arsenal's biggest outlay on a player? I'll wager it is way less than United, Chelsea or Liverpool regularly spend. Arsene is doing a quite amazing job and producing teams that play sublime football. They may get quiet 60k crowds but at least they get them and with the football they play I'm not vaguely suprised.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not REALLY a reserve team though is it. Eduardo, Bendtner, Diaby, Denilson, Diarra and Senderos all regularly appear for the frist team.
None of them are first choice though, which makes them reserves. Although Eduardo should be.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
i actually dont think that is very expensive for there reserves.

Bet there are plenty of clubs reserves that cost way more.

Quite. 3 of those 15 cost £15 million alone which means the remaining 12 cost on average £1/2 million each. Not a bad bit of business and nice to see that there are some English names.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Quite. 3 of those 15 cost £15 million alone which means the remaining 12 cost on average £1/2 million each. Not a bad bit of business and nice to see that there are some English names.

Escpecially when you factor in the players in the 1st team that basically cost nothing.

Fabregas, Flamini, Clichy, Eboue, Almunia....im sure there are more but those of the top of my head.
They cost no more than most of those reserve team players.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know whether it's coaching or you have to have the ability to do it but I am often amazed at how unpredictable their passing is. Maybe it's just from watching lower league football for years but our passing and play has often been the predictable and easy route or hoof it to the big guy. These young players ping it to each other from all angles in such tight situations and the movement is something else.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Keown says they do a lot of work with mannequins. Lucky them.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Didn't Schevchenko cost more than that total team though? Puts it into a bit of perspective.

It was mentioned around the time of Wenger's 10 year anniversary at Arsenal that he had spent less in ten years than Mourinho had spent in two years at Chelsea.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
that team is made up of bargains, when you think of how much some of them will be worth when they realise their potential

Jul 20, 2003
It was mentioned around the time of Wenger's 10 year anniversary at Arsenal that he had spent less in ten years than Mourinho had spent in two years at Chelsea.

I wouldn't be suprised if Arsenal had made a net profit under Wenger on published net deals

some rough 'profits' according to soccerbase

e.g.

6mill Henry
22.5 mill Anelka
18 mill Overmars
2.5 mill Petit
10 mill Viera

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't be suprised if Arsenal had made a net profit under Wenger on published net deals

some rough 'profits' according to soccerbase

e.g.

6mill Henry
22.5 mill Anelka
18 mill Overmars
2.5 mill Petit
10 mill Viera
and in 3 years time:

40mill Fabregas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here