Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrangements confirmed for HULL Demo on Saturday

Following conversations between important people (but not the most important of them all!), arrangements have now been confirmed for the demonstration in Hull on Saturday.

A giant Valentine Card will be delivered to the Hull East Constituency Labour Party offices, John Prescott's headquarters in the city.

The event will take place at 12.00 noon at 430 Holderness Road, Hull.

Directions:-

Cross the Humber Bridge; cross one roundabout; at the next roundabout take the road signposted towards Bridlington and Beverley; then go through two sets of traffic lights and watch out for what has been described as a "Big W Store" on the right (Matalan & JJ Sports are nearby as well); at the next traffic lights, turn right into Holderness Road; go along Holderness Road for about a mile; no 430 in on the right hand side, opposite Westcott Street (which is on the left).

John Prescott's constituency agent is said to be very supportive of this event, which I take to be an extremely helpful sign!

Local press publicity is being arranged and BBC Radio Humberside have already carried an item (on their breakfast show this morning).

Multimap link

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hi
I want to help. Is anyone meeting beforehand in town? As a resident of Hull perhaps I could suggest a good meeting pub which would be easy to find.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've let her know... so no-one else really needs to. It's a bit unfair to be handing her details out to people, cos she might not even be working on Sat. I'm sure she'll pass the info on to her newsdesk though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok cool. I have emailed the news desk etc as well as the sports desk and editor. Hopefully they will turn up, they turned up to take pics of my rugby team getting pissed during the world cup!:drink:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As far as a pub to meet in first goes. I suggest the 'Gardeners Arms' on Cottingham Road. It has some good parking and is a nice pub and very friendly which is rare in Hull. We could all meet there and move on together as oposed to going in dribs and drabs.
What does everyone think?

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Saturday Info for those in Hull

Ok.

Lord B has already posted with the plans for the giving of a giant Valentines Card etc at 12 noon in Hull on Holderness Road. There will be a meeting place for any Brighton fans wanting to come along (the more the merrier).
This meeting place is 'The Gardeners Arms' pub on Cottingham Road and I will be there from 11am.
It is a very friendly pub with good parking and is easy to find. I think it will be best if we meet there and then travel up together because it will look better then if we turned up in dribs and drabs and people were a bit late etc.
Anyone worried about not making kick off afterwards should not because last year I travelled by a very slow bus which went via Lincoln Airport and it only took me and hour and a half, so we should give about an hour to get form Hull to Cleethropes which means plenty of time to get to the demo in Hull.

Directions are as follows:

- Once you pass the Humber Bridge head into the City Centre, the road will take you past Hull Paragon Station (on your left).
- Carry straight on and you will pass a nightclub on your left called 'Lexington Avenue'..under no circumstances EVER go in there...it is awful.
- You then come to a cross roads and you will see Hull Daily Mail oposite, carry on straight over and up Beverley Road.
- keep going up here. Look out for landmarks such as 'Canon Junction' (about halfway down) which is a pub on your right which is made up of two train carriages.
-You will get to a cross junction. On your left will be a pub called 'The Main Event'. Opposite is one called 'The Haworth Arms' and opposite on the other side is a 'Jacksons' store. Turn left down Cottingham Road.
- The Gardeners Arms pub is about 100 yaurds down here on your left hand side, pull into it and the parking is at the back. There is a front and back bar. I will be in the back bar, this is bigger so meet here.
-If you get lost just head for signs to 'The University', this is literally about two minutes down the road and on the right.
-If you get lost, go to the university. There is a signed saying Hull University oposite a pub called The Old Grey Mare. Pull into the Uni and tuen round,when you have your back to it, turn left and carry on for about two minutes and the Gardeners Arms will be on your right hand side.

Hope this helps.

I will also get some photocopies of maps from The Gardeners Arsm to The Labour Offices we are going to to hand out on the day.

Can you post here if you are coming so I can tell the landlord how many to expect. They have a good range of beers and also a nice selection of food.

Can someone stick this at the top please?

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Richie - not sure why you felt the need for a new thread. I'll merge to Lord B's thread which is linked to from the main Falmer Campaign thread stuck at the top of the board.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just in case anyone missed in on the other thread, there is no point getting the train from Hull to Cleethorpes as it takes ages, but there is a bus that costs about a fiver and goes from Hull station. It takes about an hour and a half.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i will meet in the pub. see you there.

ps. i went in lexingtons years ago. your right it is crap. or l.a's as its known. hull is a good night out though. will try to get my cousin to come he lives there. (hull city fan). might even get my brother to come. (donny rovers/ coventry fan). could ask my nanna to bring her oap group to see prescott that would scare him.:lolol: :drink:

Last edited:

Richie Morris said:
So about 4 or 5 of us? Come on, its about an hour further then Cleethorpes and we need numbers to look good for the local press!
Don't panic Richie. You asked your question about four hours before kick-off in Luton and there were a good few people who had already left for the game by then. To say nothing of the Whitehall flower people.

I spoke to Liz Costa at Luton and she said she'd brought forward the departure time of the Supporters' Club coach on Saturday to allow time to get to Hull for this event. So a good turnout of bobble hats is assured.

:)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lord Bracknell said:
So a good turnout of bobble hats is assured.

:)
Slanderous !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here