Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argyle appoint RIDSDALE as an "advisor"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BBC Sport - Football - Peter Ridsdale joins Plymouth Argyle as adviser

Plymouth Argyle have called in former Leeds United and Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale as a football consultant to the club's board.

Ridsdale will work to bring stability to Argyle initially until 8 February -the day before they are due back in court to face a winding-up petition.

:lolol:
The guy who presided over the calamities that took Leeds and Cardiff to the brink before he bailed out. Ten grand fishtanks, £100m debt ran up at Elland Road, £7m and £35k a week for Seth Johnson, the Cardiff season ticket funds thievery....

I think Plymouth have taken the "winding up" aspect a bit too literally here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quote on 606:

"Getting Peter Ridsdale in to save your club from financial meltdown is like bringing in Edward Scissorhands to help stop your rubber dinghy from sinking".

:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This ranks as highly as putting a vampire in charge of a blood bank!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well if anyone knows how NOT to do it surely he IS the man! they'll just to the exact opposite of what he suggest and BINGO...debt free!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i have spoken to a few argyle fans today who think this is a good thing

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He took Barnsley to the brink of liquidation. It is well documented what he got up to at Leeds and he then he, again, tried to realise a dream at Cardiff City.

Before the 2009–10 season, Ridsdale travelled to the Far East to try and get a business deal which he promised would see Cardiff's debt problem dealt with, and creation of an academy in the Far East. No investment was forth coming, but Malaysian businessman Dato' Chan Tien Ghee was an addition to the club's board. Having staved off a winding up order from HMRC under a payment agreement, in November 2009, Ridsdale offered a "Golden Ticket" scheme to fans, in that if they bought their 2010/11 season ticket before January 6, 2010, then they would not see a rise on prices for two years, and all monies raised would be spent on players in the January 2010 transfer window.[12] However, on 27 January 2010, Ridsdale admitted he was eating humble pie, and that in addition to the "Golden Ticket" money not being spent on players, club assets would be sold to fulfil a £2.7M tax bill, and avert another winding up order.[13]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Like him or loath him you have to think that Ridsdale was Plymouth's last chance and it looks like it is all going to end in tears.

BBC News - Peter Ridsdale gives ultimatum on Plymouth Argyle cash

Will Plymouth survive to the end of the season I wonder? Their players weren't paid again in January and the chances of them limping on to the summer seem to hinge on this money coming in within the next 7 days.

Bad news for football if they go to the wall and bad news for us as, if memory serves, we are currently points beneficiaries from games agaiinst them while some of our closest competitors are not? I'm sure someone will do the maths if it comes to it but things are not looking good at Home Park.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And suddenly, Ridsdales motives all become clear...

BBC Sport - Football - Plymouth Argyle have no money left, says Peter Ridsdale

"I want to make sure that when people talk about me in the future, they talk about somebody who saved the football club and put the right financial structure in. If we are successful in doing that I'll be very pleased."

So its not about so much about saving Plymouth - its about saving his reputation (at least in his mind). He's just after personal redemption.

What a cock.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Being a bit harsh there. Supporters are starved of any info from board members at PAFC, and he is very articulate and media friendly and at least giving out some information.

Riddler (as they call him :D) is on hiding to nothing. Say nothing 'He's robbing us' Say something and 'Same old crap from Ridsdale..'

Reading PASOTI tonight, they are rightly concerned -this and next years season tix are already spent/mortgaged, and they don't have any money. At all. To even pay players now, let alone till end of season.

Is now a good time to mention (as above) that we have 6 points from them this season, but others below us don't..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here