Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Today 2 pro Falmer items

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
First a good response to the writer who wanted to know that his visits to Falmer Pond would not be disturbed. The reply written by one of NSC's finest:

A pretty place to ponder
I can reassure Mr J M Percy (Letters December 8) that his visits to Falmer pond on Saturday mornings will remain undisturbed when the Falmer Community Stadium is built.

There will only be games every fortnight during the season and as there is no parking at the stadium, and with fans using the excellent public transport links to the site, traffic will remain light.

Perhaps, after feeding the ducks, he would like to consider coming over with his grandson to support Sussex sport and watch a game in what will be a stunning stateof- the-art facility.

His grandson would not only have childhood memories of quiet mornings with the ducks but also a lifelong debt of gratitude to his grandfather for taking him to his first Brighton game, a treasured memory for every fan.

Simon Horne, Gordon Road, Shoreham by Sea

Secondly a well balanced article by Adam Trimingham on the merits of Sheepcote and other sites versus Falmer. He comes out in favour of Falmer. Unfortunately cannot find it on the Argus website and the article is too long to copy here. So, if you want to read you'll have to pay up 35p!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blimey if hippy Triminghsam is in favour of Falmer then things are on the up!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Blimey if hippy Triminghsam is in favour of Falmer then things are on the up!

his work is not always 100% accurate (in this article I personally dont agree with his traffic views on sheepcote as the extra buses and shuttles ate simply not available in my view) but he is a very good barometer on what the conscience of the city feels. he also attended so many council meetings in his career to identify what problems are likely to be faced and what could be a showstopper.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Also attacks the myth that the Falmer area is actually beautiful downland !!

Yep excellent article, the only critisicm is his suggestion that half of Brighton could awlk to SV !!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hadlee said:
Also attacks the myth that the Falmer area is actually beautiful downland !!

Yep excellent article, the only critisicm is his suggestion that half of Brighton could awlk to SV !!

Knowing him, I'm surprised he didn't say 80 percent of Brighton could cycle there.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the first letter in the argus was not so complimentary - some bloke from shoreham who reconed we are all going to have to have somewhere to park our cars and falmer pond has spaces round it!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dave the Gaffer said:
the first letter in the argus was not so complimentary - some bloke from shoreham who reconed we are all going to have to have somewhere to park our cars and falmer pond has spaces round it!!!!

Also there would be no room for the Ducks.........apparently !!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Dave the Gaffer said:

Which would be a bit tricky when it is coned off as part of the CPZ!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here