Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argentina game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What will be Sven's game plan and what would you consider a good result and what would constitute a shit result

If we attack them and lose, I will be reasonably happy although a win would be great.

Negative bollocks from the Swede and I'll be well upset :angry:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
it will be the 'proper' team and nothing short of a win will do !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The result doesn't really matter as long as we don't get completely trashed and overrun.

The primary mission (should Sven choose to accept it) is to play as close to the team he intends playing in the World Cup, and make 2 or 3 adjustments after an hour or so to try something different. I'd hope that Ledley will get another run-out as the holding midfielder at the expense of Gerrard, and perhaps give Carrick half an hour in Kings place later on. SWP should get half an hour in place of Beckham later on as well, then maybe Defoe for Owen.

If he starts f***ing about with 4 or more changes, then the whole thing will be a complete waste of time.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not even going to watch it if Crutch is playing, how the f*** can he get selected for the squad when he hasn't scored a single goal this season?...

Heskey for England :clap2:

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
whatever happens, im sure the nsc moaners united will be out in force

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Goring Gull said:
I just pray that scouse whinging sicknote Gerrard isn't anywhere near the game.

yes, because we wouldnt like to have one of the best midfielders in the world available now would we....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive got a strange feeling that Gerrard will be tried on the left.....

I would like to see the holding midfield role tried again either by King or Carrick.

King at Centre Half with Terry is also something thats worth 45 mins.

Last edited:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
If we are at home then i do expect to beat them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I'd hope that Ledley will get another run-out as the holding midfielder at the expense of Gerrard, and perhaps give Carrick half an hour in Kings place later on..

Surely we should be playing Carrick, a genuine holding midfielder, in that position and not King, a centre back?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I think this game is a complete joke.

Why are we sending our top players who play enough games throughout the season all the way out to Argentina for a friendly.

The qualifiers only finished 3 or 4 weeks ago so what the hell do we need this game for already and interupting the league programme once again.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Remind me why it is being played in Switzerland?

Seemingly the FA were offered over £1m to take part in it. I think the other reason was that the Argentinians wanted a game in Europe, so they could have a full squad.

The other reason is that the next European Championships are in Austria and Switzerland and it is good training for their police to have 15,000 England fans running around and tanked up on Hurlimans.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Croydonbloke said:
I think this game is a complete joke.

Why are we sending our top players who play enough games throughout the season all the way out to Argentina for a friendly.

The qualifiers only finished 3 or 4 weeks ago so what the hell do we need this game for already and interupting the league programme once again.

Because we only have 4 or 5 games before the world cup, and this is probably the best opposition we are going to get before the tournament next year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
Seemingly the FA were offered over £1m to take part in it. I think the other reason was that the Argentinians wanted a game in Europe, so they could have a full squad.

The other reason is that the next European Championships are in Austria and Switzerland and it is good training for their police to have 15,000 England fans running around and tanked up on Hurlimans.

Thanks UB
This £1m I expect it to get filtered down to all the clubs under the cosh of the FA

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I hope David James gets the chance to show he really is an international quality goalkeeper

again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Surely we should be playing Carrick, a genuine holding midfielder, in that position and not King, a centre back?
Certainly would like to see Carrick given a chance as well, but I think King was so assured against the Poles that he deserves another run-out in that position to stake his claim for a place in the squad. The fact that he is also an excellent centreback would put him slightly ahead of Carrick in my opinion, as he brings an element of flexibilty to the squad in that respect, and thats an important asset in any squad competing in a tournament.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here