Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you looking forward to the season starting?

Are you looking forward to the season?

• Yes its going to be a good one/good footie and play-off chance

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • No..i'm dreading it - i can feel a struggle

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Yes but only because I miss footie..I dont expect a good season

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I'm just not sure,you know.....ask me again in 6-8 weeks

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The strength of league 1 is quite high in my opinion with some good established teams already ie...Yeovil,Millwall,Forest,Oldham,Tranmere and donny. That added to some decent relegated and promoted teams from the two respected divisions either side..it could be a very tough season.

Now for me personally...last season I was very excited sipping a hot cup of tea at 2.45pm stood in the northern shi* hole that is millmoor & at 4.50 pm I was even more excited. Ok it ended with mcghee going and a struggling/finding our feet sort of season...with us doing just enough in the final few weeks.

But this season coming......I am not looking forward to at all really...only thing im looking forward to is watching regular footie again....watching decent football from a good side....I dont think will happen...and in my opinion after the adams era of promotion an the years that followed...this has to be the most boring and un-intresting season that beckons.

I hope i'm wrong but im worried about us..theres a lot of ifs,buts and maybe's regarding transfers..so we will have to wait and see.

how about you? how you feeling about it right now?

:albion2:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I am the more negative about this season than i have ever been. Ive even had a large wager on us for relegation. The players are just not good enough. The manager is completely inept and has one of the worst Albion records in recent years.

We are f***ed, but as long as Loft has a contract everyone is a winner!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope. To be honest, I couldn't give a toss really. The last time I was this disinterested in domestic football was about 15 years ago.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I am the more negative about this season than i have ever been. Ive even had a large wager on us for relegation. The players are just not good enough. The manager is completely inept and has one of the worst Albion records in recent years.

We are f***ed, but as long as Loft has a contract everyone is a winner!

How much did you have on us to go down..out of interest?

I think wilkins must be judged on this season...he will then have had two transfer windows and a pre-season break under his control...so mr wilkins..the time to shine is now sir.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Cant believe how pessimistic some of you are.

I am looking forward to a great season, we may not make the play-offs, but i do think we will steer well clear of relagation this season. When we get the yes for falmer the whole club will be feeling upbeat and raring to go.

My outlook: Just outside the play-offs in 8th place. :albion2:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Cant believe how pessimistic some of you are.

I am looking forward to a great season, we may not make the play-offs, but i do think we will steer well clear of relagation this season. When we get the yes for falmer the whole club will be feeling upbeat and raring to go.

My outlook: Just outside the play-offs in 8th place. :albion2:

I think the negative thoughts come from how bad we were in the arse end of the season...losing so many games in a row on two seperate groups of matches was worrying and the fact wilkins is inexpiereinced is going to cause concern.

Agree with the bit about falmer...but that wont change the currant players on the pitch.....

8th you say...im struggling to find 8 teams we will finish above to be honest....but I hope im wrong.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I think the negative thoughts come from how bad we were in the arse end of the season...losing so many games in a row on two seperate groups of matches was worrying and the fact wilkins is inexpiereinced is going to cause concern.

Agree with the bit about falmer...but that wont change the currant players on the pitch.....

8th you say...im struggling to find 8 teams we will finish above to be honest....but I hope im wrong.

But most of our 'Young' team would of gained valuable experience last season, with the good news of falmer as well i really think we will do a lot better.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
We played a game on the way back from Cheltenham, you had to guess the away attendance of each of our games last season.

I was totally gobsmacked at how small some of them were.

I feel similar to many many others, there is little to get excited about in this division, 3rd tier football is more marginilised than ever, interest is plumetting, its not just us but all over the place and its hard to see things turning around. Kids arent that interested anymore and the standard of football really is the worst I have seen in 20 years. When you add that to the price of a ticket, you can easily see why next season is going to be another struggle.

A Falmer YES will galvanise me for a while until the arguements and heartache over money, building etc surface, but I suppose just the go ahead is better than nothing.

Anyway, to answer the question, YES, I am looking forward to the season starting, but mainly so that there is something decent on the telly in the clubhouse when I finish a round of Golf (Soccer Saturday)

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
:nono:
Nope. To be honest, I couldn't give a toss really. The last time I was this disinterested in domestic football was about 15 years ago.

Spot on! Exactly how i fell at the moment.

Especially with the disappointment of the Falmer decision round the corner.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But most of our 'Young' team would of gained valuable experience last season, with the good news of falmer as well i really think we will do a lot better.

well at least they know how to lose at home.

seriously though, I just hope we compete this year....not just away from home, but really compete against some decent sides in this 3RD DIVISION. I want to see us pass well, score goals, defend well and if we lose at least show some fighting spirit.

No midtable obscurity shite Mr Knight please

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Miserable GIMPS. I can't wait. I guess the nice thing about low expectations is that you won't be disappointed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In truth, it's not just the fact that Albion's bar is set depressingly low that is dampening anything approaching enthusiasm I have for the game in this country. There are a whole bunch of chickens that are coming home to roost.

I'm depressed at the fact we can't compete with some truly noddy outfits.
I'm bored of our stadium situation.
I'm pissed off at the high prices that football grounds charge all over the country.
I'm worried that every club in the premiership is being bought by foreign investors
I'm fed up that the powers that be in this country are STILL unable top prevent unscrupulous incompetent tossers from controlling clubs, and of course the fact that their "rulebook" seems remarkably flexible depending on who the guilty party is.
And sorry, but I can't be arsed with the tension that surrounds an away trip to certain venues.

All in all - it's long since dawned on me that football in this country is a f***ing rip off. Football that varies from overrated to plain old shit, over-priced tickets, crap merchandise on sale. How much does it cost for a family of 4 to watch division three football in a crap stadium? Then factor in the cost of concessions. It's a rip off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here