Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you entitled to tax credits?

Sorry buzzer ... I accidentally deleted your thread (instead of merging).

And sorry to everyone who responded.

Are you entitled to tax credits?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HM Revenue Customs: Tax credits - do you qualify?

If you're living with someone and/or have children and earn under £58k then you may well qualify.

Please, please, please check to see if you qualify. It's your money. You're entitled to it.

Go on. What you got to lose?

Titanic was first to comment:-

Sadly, in the case, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, it's USELESS.

From across the ocean, Toronto Seagull whinged:-

Apparently not. Living outside the UK means I don't qualify. Bugger.!!!!

sully's response:-

Computer says no.

That's household income by the way, Buzzer, not personal income.

buzzer's response to that:-

Sorry Sully. Misread it. Might be worthwhile for somebody on here though.

Easy 10 said:-

I get about £38 a month from it now, but its a bit of a minefield. I can hardly be arsed with it to be honest - they WERE paying about £90 a month at one point, then out of the blue they wrote saying they'd overpaid, and stopped paying altogether for about 7 or 8 months (fortunately I'm not RELYING on that cash anyway). The system is so complex and cumbersome, and the call centre practically inaccessible, that if they write again saying its wrong they can stick it. I can't really be bothered for the sake of £38.

Heard plenty of horror stories about people suddenly being told they owe thousands.

And Bluejuice complained:-

As usual I am penalised for being single

Carry on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"As usual I am penalised for being single"

The system does seem to favour those who are married and have children. The latter putting an extra strain on resources as opposed to a single person or married couple without children.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks Lord B.
Unfortunately the TIMING of the replies are still missing though.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Never been entitled to it, but will certainly look into it in the near future, even if it is a pittance it's better in my pocket than theirs!

I've heard a few horror stories from friends who have been over paid, but I've got a few friends who are single parents and earn peanuts and couldnt live without, so it's more than worthwhile for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what have you got to loose? well quite a lot when they miscalculate or dont adjust your entitlement and then send you a bill for any shortfull due to thier error.

instead of giving back tax rebates, heres a radical idea: dont take so much in the first place. i read an op-ed recently that suggested that the whole scheme is desgined to force dependency on the state, which seems fairly accurate and its a pretty f***ed up idea.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Between 14:36 and 14:45, today.

And you were credited with 23,507 posts at the time.

I'm still pondering whether to fixture Titanic for repeating himself.

Maybe it is time for you to relinquish your position as Mod, deleting a thread by accident and posting timings more vague than the 28 bus.

And you still havent delivered my capital M as promised!!

Bassford Out!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Editing the post before mine and then 'fixturing' me would be seriously unethical! I am shocked and appalled :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

:lolol:
That would be incredibly HARSH, being as Titanics repeat-post was at the same time as your cut n paste. But it gets my approval.

what have you got to loose? well quite a lot when they miscalculate or dont adjust your entitlement and then send you a bill for any shortfull due to thier error.

instead of giving back tax rebates, heres a radical idea: dont take so much in the first place. i read an op-ed recently that suggested that the whole scheme is desgined to force dependency on the state, which seems fairly accurate and its a pretty f***ed up idea.
I get the impression that the availability of tax credits is being used as an excuse by some employers to keep basic wages down - the theory is that if families need more money, the state will pay up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
All this GAY ABANDON on A Friday afternoon is quite distressing. Lord B deserves a suspension at least, if not removal of his priveleges!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Yes we get about £20 per year as we earn so much between us

Housing benefit screwed up way more times when we were claiming more as the kept overpaying us we kept telling them it was wrong but they wouldn't believe us.

When we did come off Housing benefit in the end they turned around and said "oh you owe us £551 overpayments" :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here