Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you buying so much in the club shop?

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
Ever since the shop opened in Queens Road I have popped in every time I passed. Have bought shirts, calendars, t-shirts, or just the odd pen or pencil.
Since Christmas haven't bought a thing or even gone in.
In fact, today, I walked down Queens Road on the other side and just gave the shop a glance.
It must be the f*****g results getting to me.
Now, having typed this, I feel as guilty as hell.:shootself
(Must pull myself together and send cheque for season ticket renewal).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haven't bought anything since Xmas presents for the kids.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I don't buy any of the merchandise any more as everything I have bought has been of such poor quality that I can't justify the prices they charge. It is regardless of results in my case.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The last thing I bought was an Albion Latte mug which I thought was a COOL thing to buy, symbolising the cosmopolitan city of Brighton and Hove.

Randomly, I wondered if West Ham or Millwall sell a jellied eel holder with the club crest on, similarly attempting to BOND with their fans.

I'm going MAD

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
what about your blue and white open crotch Albion panties you were wearing at Crewe :angry: :angry: :angry:

Careful or I'll name your MILF :p

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I always used to buy stuff, but the prices seem so high now (50quid for a fleece or something ludicrous) that i've more or less given up on it, other than for replica kit

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I wanted to get one of THOSE ties but thery were £40 :eek:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Spent nearly £50 in there on Saturday. Presents for friend's boy's birthday and a new hat for me.

I think the quality is 'not bad'. And even if it was rubbish I would still buy stuff there on a regular basis. I disagreed with the donation principle of the Alive and Kicking fund (don't lets start that debate again) but realising the club needed the cash I vowed to buy more merchandise from the shop - whether I needed it or not.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The quality is shite,bought one of those polo shirts online,now i use it to check my oil.The club must improve the quality:angry:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
High prices are a tricky one as obviously the casual wear (not the club shirts) only has a limited production run and you are producing stuff that only a few hundred people may buy so they have to cover themselves.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not averse to paying a little more for club merchandise as it all helps to keep the club going. However, I haven't bought anything for myself from the shop for a few years. I've wanted to but the quality is so poor.

The only things I've purchased are kit and a drill top for my 5 year old to lead him down the blue and white misery path rather than him end up wearing Chelsea/Man U/ Arsenal etc (I think the NSPCC will be knocking on my door soon).

Even then, I daren't tell the missus that I spent over £20 on a kids drill top in the sale when they sell Umbro ones for £8 in Sports Soccer.

The commercial department really need to look at this as there seem to be a lot of people who want to spend money in the shop but only when we get something worth buying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here