Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are YOU being inspired by the Olympics?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I've decided that I'm going to be more active and look after myself a bit more. Seeing these athletes and how brilliant they are (mainly all the girls on facebook and twitter swooning over the gymnasts' bodies) has made me want to do more sporting activities and exercises.

Have any of you been inspired to improve your general fitness or take up a new sport in light of the Olympics? Maybe even due to Team GB's successes or progress?

I'm personally going to play more table tennis, doing a lot more on the cycling machine, going running and actually picking up those weights and doing some workouts!
Hopefully I'm not the only one?
:rave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the cyclists have inspired me, but great news about the men's gymnastics team, that will be great for the sport.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously the cyclists have been brilliant for a while now, but today the gymnasts, Zoe Smith in the weightlifting, and the volleyballers have all been inspirational. Hopefully the volleyball team can inspire our basketball and handball teams to win a game or two.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Wasn't particularly inspired. But I did like how the BHA supporters football on sundays coincided with the olympics in the months leading up.

Consequently I've become much fitter and have lost almost 4 1/2 stone over the last 2/3 months, and I feel like a brand new panda!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The fact that a 18 year old girl can lift at least 10 times the weight I can has inspired me to carry on eating and drinking at a phenomenal speed, as I am way past the point of no return. But it is helpful to have a reminder every 4 years.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I wasn't too excited before they started, but since it kicked off I've actually been getting really into it. It's certainly opened up my eyes to the importance of the games.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes. Going to take up the uneven bars, synchronised diving and work on a bit of pummel horse action. Might be a bit of a stretch in my 40s but may as well aim high.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's also inspired me to be more open-minded about sports from a spectator point of view. Handball seems more exciting than basketball - would be great to see it catching on a bit more in the UK.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
It's certainly made me a lot less tolerant of stuff like TOWIE and Eastenders -type shows on TV. You want to shout 'do something with your f**king lives, you self-obsessed morons!'

This.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's certainly made me a lot less tolerant of stuff like TOWIE and Eastenders -type shows on TV. You want to shout 'do something with your f**king lives, you self-obsessed morons!'

:clap::lolol::clap::lolol::clap::lolol::clap::lolol::clap::lolol::clap::lolol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I may well pop down to Yellowave and try out the beach volleyball as I read in the Argus that they are putting on more sessions to cope with demand. Asides from the obvious benefits with the girls it also looks like it would give you a real workout running about on the sand. Definately a good one for toning up & losing weight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here