Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you all really fans?

kjgood

I cant believe some of the abuse and comments posted in this forum by fans? of B&HA.

Yes its been really poor for the last few years (20) and yes we have a bad stadium (if you can call it that) but:

We have a club and a team, the standard doesnt really matter, we still have a team! which didnt look likely a short time ago.

We are playing football in our home towns again (Brighton and Hove), no travelling to Gillingham.

We have a stadium being built, a stadium we can be proud of.

Results are improving, even considering the opposition, having played the leading teams quite a bit recently, and our league table position is improving, as is performance.

Manchester United are £800 million in debt, our funding is assured. Other clubs portsmouth and chester are going/gone down the tubes, we are not.

If you have ever had the task of going in and turning a business around, you will understand that it takes time. It takes time to build any successful team in business (As a football club is) as well as in football.

Everything from premises, to finance, to structure, to performance, is improving with visible results everywhere. The current management is fixing the issues of old, and attempting to build for the future, get off their backs and let them get on with it!

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
HEAR HEAR! Someone's come on here talking sense!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think you'll find there is only a few moaning twats on here. mentioning no names of course...:rolleyes:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I swear I have heard this so many times in the past few weeks

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This would've been better off as a PM sent to two members of the board.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
if we finished in the top four of the premiership some of the usual idiots on here would find something to moan about, however this isn't something exclusive to the albion every club has their own collection of mooks who moan at any given oppertunit.y

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
People are allowed an opinion y'know.
But i get your point.
I'm pretty optimistic anyway. We're playing decent football, have a new stadium on the way and the foundations to be a team challenging for promotion. What more could we ask for at this stage?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This would've been better off as a PM sent to two members of the board.

The 'ignore list' is just as effective for those that have gotten bored with their childish tantrums.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a season ticket holder and up until the last couple of results have had very good reason to be unhappy with the offerings at the Withdean. Just because I have been critical of some aspects of the club doesn't make me any less of a supporter. Rather that than just walk around with my head in the sand saying how everything is so wonderful despite the fact I can't bloody see anything because of all this grit in my eyes. You can support a club and not agree with everything that is happening. I supported the club for 35 years and if you think back that includes the time when we were all against a certain board. That didn't stop us supporting the club.

If you think home performances this season, and last, have not warranted any criticism then I suggest you get a new guide dog.

Yes, it is moving in the right direction and long may it continue to do so but that doesn't mean everything is perfect and can't be improved.

Still, just as every club has it's fair share of moaners and critics, (there is a difference between the two) then equally it has it's fair share of self righteous supporters who think they are better than everyone else. C'est la vie.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
The 'ignore list' is just as effective for those that have gotten bored with their childish tantrums.

This, :thumbsup:
Ridiculous post - there has been so much optimism and support for the team on here recently that the (very few) moaners have actually been moaning about it. What was the point in this thread?

And this :thumbsup:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Oh and in response to your question, yes i "really" am a fan and i have probably been to more games this season than you :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I cant believe some of the abuse and comments posted in this forum by fans? of B&HA.

Yes its been really poor for the last few years (20) and yes we have a bad stadium (if you can call it that) but:

We have a club and a team, the standard doesnt really matter, we still have a team! which didnt look likely a short time ago.

We are playing football in our home towns again (Brighton and Hove), no travelling to Gillingham.

We have a stadium being built, a stadium we can be proud of.

Results are improving, even considering the opposition, having played the leading teams quite a bit recently, and our league table position is improving, as is performance.

Manchester United are £800 million in debt, our funding is assured. Other clubs portsmouth and chester are going/gone down the tubes, we are not.

If you have ever had the task of going in and turning a business around, you will understand that it takes time. It takes time to build any successful team in business (As a football club is) as well as in football.

Everything from premises, to finance, to structure, to performance, is improving with visible results everywhere. The current management is fixing the issues of old, and attempting to build for the future, get off their backs and let them get on with it!

Wow. What an incredible WAKE UP call. Gee, thanks.

Oh...hang on. I knew all that already.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here