Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ARE YOU A NIMBY ? Take the test....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NIMBY - We've all heard the term being banded about, but what does it really mean to be a NIMBY ? Do we really understand the issues and thought processes that go into NIMBYism ? Why not take this simple test and find out. Award yourself 1 point for answering 'a', 2 points for answering 'b' and 3 points for answering 'c', and find out how much of a NIMBY you really are.

You are on your summer holidays, and enjoying a pleasant afternoon in the sunshine on a lovely sandy beach. Some children start building a sandcastle in front of you. Do you:

(a) Lend some of your experience and expertise, muck in with the children and help them complete a spectacular sandcastle, complete with turretts, moat, a drawbridge and some seashells embedded evenly around the castle walls.

(b) Politely ask that the children build the sandcastle a little further away from you. Not that you want to spoil their fun, but you were about to have 40 winks, and their boistrous excitement can get a little wearing.

(c) Take away their bucket and spades, and leave the beach immediately to find the local council offices, with a view to reporting an unauthorised construction project in progress on the beach. Insist on a council officer accompanying you back to the beach to have the children thrown off.

You decide to throw a party, and have a games night at your house. Several friends come round, and your wife suggests you all sit down to a game of Jenga. As your wife sets up the brick tower in the centre of the table, do you:

(a) Help your wife to get all the bricks in place, so the tower is nice and straight, ready for the start of the game.

(b) Suggest a game of cards instead. You've never much liked Jenga, as your fingers are too podgy to shift the bricks delicately enough.

(c) Wait for the bricks to be put in place, then fetch a saucepan from the kitchen and hurl it at full force into the tower, obliterating it completely and scattering the bricks amongst your bemused guests. Tell your wife she had "no right to build such an eyesore in the middle of my table", and then stand there looking smug.

You are playing with your 7 year old nephew, and he asks you to help him put his new Scalextrics track together. Do you:

(a) Put the track together in an impressive "figure of 8", complete with flags, barriers and grandstand, then spend the afternoon happily racing the cars round the track with your nephew.

(b) Suggest you go outside and play football instead. After all, its a nice sunny day, and you don't really want to make too much of a mess in the lounge.

(c) Suggest your nephew first go away and draw up some detailed plans of his proposal for the track, its shape, where exactly it will go, how long it will be left up for, what furniture will need to be moved and where, and taking into account environmental issues such as whether it will have an adverse effect on your cat Tiddles. Inform your nephew that you will give him your decision by early June.

Well, how did you get on ?
1-3 points: You are clearly not NIMBY material. You have a relaxed outlook on life, and like to see people enjoying themselves. You will go out of your way to have fun, and as a result, you are a balanced and much-loved individual.

4-6 points: You are fairly easy going, and are reasonably tolerent of others, as long as it falls within your general terms. You are quite fair-minded, and always try to see the other persons point of view.

7-9 points: Well hello there Mr Nimby ! You are an utterly unreasonable and selfish scrote who will go out of his way to make sure absolutely nobody does anything anywhere near you, ever, that you don't agree with. You are small-minded, mean, self-centred, and utterly incapable of empathy. Nobody likes you, and you will die a lonely, bitter and twisted indivdual. You should move immediately to Falmer in order to live with like-minded toe-rags like yourself.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Good old Tiddles !:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rougvie said:
Good old Tiddles !:lolol:
I was a bit stuck for a cats name.
If in doubt, fall back on the cliche's, thats what I say. ;)

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Easy 10 said:
(c) Take away their bucket and spades, and leave the beach immediately to find the local council offices, with a view to reporting an unauthorised construction project in progress on the beach. Insist on a council officer accompanying you back to the beach to have the children thrown off.

LOL - quality.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Easy 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up here in Yorkshire the council have ordered two children to have their wooden Wendy house, bought by their grandparents for Christmas, removed from the garden, because they do not have planning permission for it. :eek:

It isn't much bigger than a garden shed :nono:

I was settling down to a nice read of NSC and what do I find?

An opinionated piece of prejudice, penned by someone we know to be motivated only by his support of a provincial football club.

Get outa here, Easy. Take your rantings off to the Argus letter columns, where they belong.

Now ... what type of cheese should I be eating with my supper this evening?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My apologies Lord B.
I realise now there is no justification for such drivel, being as I am one of those "uninformed football fans" spreading my bile, poison and ignorance amongst the good folk of NSC. Rest assured I feel suitably ashamed. Coat has duley been fetched, and I am in the process of closing the door on my way out.

BTW, I recommend a hearty slice of Danish Blue, washed down with a fine port. Enjoy.

:lolol:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
My apologies Lord B.
I recommend a hearty slice of Danish Blue, washed down with a fine port. Enjoy.

That's bound to guarantee vivid dreams of an area of outstanding eyesores :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here