Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are you a binge drinker ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
According to Govt survey if you drink more than 4 pints once a week you are a binge drinker ... thought that was a tad low on the volume front !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** yeah, I like getting hammered and taking COKE and PILLS too, it makes me forget about the mundane awfulness that is real life and gives you well good HANGOVERS.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
hell yer, I'm with Chappers on this one

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
4 pints . . . .blimey thats not much . . . .I'm a binge drinker . . . .and proud of it !:lolol:

what about a bottle of wine followed by 4 pints . . . .whats that classed as ?

or a sip from the furry cup . . . . .is that being a minge drinker ?

sorry ladies . . .a bit crass for a MOnday maybe :rolleyes:

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I can safely say yes I probably am, but at the end of the day that is my choice and not any of the govt's business so they can p*ss off. :drink:

Wasn't it obesity last week

smoking the the week before

I wonder what it will be next week?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Makes me laugh when they say "It's costing the tax payer £40,000,000 a year to clean up the mess of drinkers! We need to make them cut down!"

Err do you know how much tax there is on Alcohol mate? I think you'll find drinkers more than pay their fare share of tax!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
btw I am partial to the odd drop of real ale! :drink:

<----------

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
binge...rhymes with minge...aaahhh what a word.....miiiiiiiiiiiinge

ahem....yes I drink beer so what of it :drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
My friend just told me

becca says:
i think you need to detox
becca says:
i think your liver might not last otherwise

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lammy said:
Makes me laugh when they say "It's costing the tax payer £40,000,000 a year to clean up the mess of drinkers! We need to make them cut down!"

Err do you know how much tax there is on Alcohol mate? I think you'll find drinkers more than pay their fare share of tax!

I actually once worked on the Drinkwise campaign, persuading people to drink sensibly. Trouble is, half the campaign team used to go down the pub every evening.

:)

But it's not true to say that drinkers pay their fair share. That's true of smokers who pay more than enough to cover the cost of their medical treatment.

However, the cost of treating alcohol-related illness, days off for hangovers, drink-related traffic accidents, drink-related violence and alcohol-induced accidents far outweighs the tax raised by taxing alcohol.

When I was working on the campaign, some 10 years ago, the tax raised was only half what was needed; I suspect that the gap has widened since then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I doubt it . . .we pay twice as much for booze as most of western Europe . . . .a pint costs a few pence, the breweries make a killing and tax makes up the rest . . .it must generate billions per annum

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
To brew beer yourself from the raw ingedients (including gas and electric) it costs about £6 to make 9 gallons (72 pints). That's just over 8p a pint. Now imagine how cheap it is to make it on a large scale!!!

At most I's say it costs about 4p a pint to make. We pay on average over £2 a pint. You do the maths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here