Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we too small?

Falmer Forever

Jan 5, 2011
I thought yesterday that we were out-muscled in every department and we could barley win a header. I think if we need to progress we need to sign some big strong players that are known for being strong in the championship. I was wandering if others would agree.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Speak for yourself in the trouser department

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of our squad seem to win headers apart from El-Abd and Bridcutt. Bridcutt amused me at St Andrews when he outjumped Zigic who is almost twice his height!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Yes, its not a coincidence that we concede a lot of goals from set pieces. Lack height all over the pitch and are too lightweight

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
[Norma Desmond] We *are* big. It's the *football* that got small.[/Norma Desmond]

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think at times this is the case how ome though we get labelled the dirtiest team in the league though?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have noted throughout the season that generally our opponents are taller, this could be the reason that in frustration we have been picking up too many cards.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
the only people tall enough to win a header against tall opponents have to be vokes,greer and brez? although bridcutt and others do head the ball

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Poyet's Pygmies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have noted throughout the season that generally our opponents are taller, this could be the reason that in frustration we have been picking up too many cards.

A lot of our cards come from frustrated, desperate reaction lunges immediately after we loose possession. Height does not come into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here