Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we the fastest singers in the football league?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yesterday at FP- GOSBTS was, as per usual, sung way to fast as was the new northstand song (which incidentally I think is pretty good when sung at the correct speed). CMS and Casper chants was embarrassingly fast and also sounded stupid.

Away from home we have a pretty decent repertoire of songs- but why do we insist on singing so fast? I don't recall other teams ruining their songs by 100 miles an hour singing.....

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Dunno, but we're certainly the most unimaginative.

Unfair.
I thought we had plenty yesterday. How many do Pompey sing?

Strawberry blonde, You're having a laugh...Better than any convoluted website song.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Unfair.
I thought we had plenty yesterday. How many do Pompey sing?

Strawberry blonde, You're having a laugh...Better than any convoluted website song.

It was the "William buckley runs down the wing to me" and Craig Mackail-Smith - to exactly the same tune as the Casper Ankergren song, that wound me up.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It was the "William buckley runs down the wing to me" and Craig Mackail-Smith - to exactly the same tune as the Casper Ankergren song, that wound me up.

I've never been keen on the 'down the wing song' but why do we start it with Will-I-am instead of Buckley? sounds a bit lame.I didn't hear the CMS song.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it's an increasing trend at football. Stoke fans have just sang Delilah far quicker than I've heard it before.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Used to be a bit of a joke that it sounded like Good Ole Suss by Sea, genuinely had to sing that yesterday as there wasnt time to fit all the syllables in

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Any faster and we'll end up sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks. :eek:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the last couple of minutes of Stoke vs Chelsea today, Stoke were singing 'when the Saints...' and it was at a nice pace and sounded good. With all due respect, we currently wouldn't be capabable of doing that (with equivelant song).

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
JCLs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here