Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are These The Snobbiest People In Britain?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have to say Lymington is a delightful place with very few brand shops there - Woolies, Waitrose and Morrisons are the only three large stores there the rest all seem independant.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
argos is worse than Primark and Wilkinsons ? Riiiiighttttt

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Nowt wrong with Argos, I recently brought my nippers Xmas present from there as it was on special offer, why would I pay £70 more for it elsewhere just because it's regarded as 'chav'!!!!

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would never have called Argos "chav", other than their jewellery, it is just an easy and convenient way to buy things...as long as you don't want to play before you part with the cash.

In fact the last time I went to Argos it did me a favour, on leaving I saw an estate agent opposite, went in for a look...within half an hour my house was on the market and I moved to where I now live about 4 months later. If I hadn't been to Argos on that day I might still be living in my old house, in an area that did have a chav problem.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Thought this was going to be a thread about HB&B and Dwayne:lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

B.M.F said:
Thought this was going to be a thread about HB&B and Dwayne:lolol:
I am not going to Hudd as we have an engagement at Cowdray Park

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Gully said:
I would never have called Argos "chav", other than their jewellery, it is just an easy and convenient way to buy things...as long as you don't want to play before you part with the cash.

In fact the last time I went to Argos it did me a favour, on leaving I saw an estate agent opposite, went in for a look...within half an hour my house was on the market and I moved to where I now live about 4 months later. If I hadn't been to Argos on that day I might still be living in my old house, in an area that did have a chav problem.

Convinient..... you've obviously never been in the Argos extra on leeds road retail park in Huddersfield - incompetant is not the word......

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
Fair play to them- high street stores are destroying local, smaller business.

I totally agree, but the point is there are frightened of losing their Waitrose.:lolol:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
surely Primark would be the worst option?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Theres one of them big Argus shops opening in Worthing soon....I make that 3 now in the town.:ohmy:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Theres one of them big Argus shops opening in Worthing soon....I make that 3 now in the town.:ohmy:

Do they need a big shop (let alone 3 big shops) just to sell a local newspaper ???

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A lot of West Dorset residents have strange notions about the county, its actually a bit of an unemployment blackspot especially since the Portland Naval base closed down. I'm a bit surprised that Argos would want to go to Lymington as there's one down the road in Weymouth. Frankly whilst it might look pretty to passers by it'd dead as a door nail to live in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What has West Dorset to do with Lymington in Hampshire ?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
"It's a very ugly building as it is. At least as a Waitrose it is subtle and attracts a certain calibre of customer. But an Argos would lower the tone and drive out that calibre of people. Everyone in the area is horrified by the news."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here