Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any Police in Brighton tonight ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. or anywhere else in the country.

I been very critical about what happened just up the road from me last week, but tonight me a work mate agreed that we felt slightly safer with the unprecendented police presence in central London tonight.

I've never seen so many Police - they are everywhere. Spot searches at Stockwell, Police on the tube, sniffer dogs at stations. I was in a pub in Victoria tonight and they were going up to EVERYONE and asking them to account for their bags. I'm not sure how much of it is simply a public relations exercise, but when you hear its the biggest poilce deployment in London since the second world war you're not in the least bit surprised.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This morning there was a policeman on both platforms at Shoreham-by-Sea at 05:45 AM.

At Kings Cross there were two armed police outside the station - I saw a stop search at East Croydon on the way home and was advised armed police were outside Newcastle Railway station this morning.

This country must be on Level 1 security alert.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Beach Hut said:
This morning there was a policeman on both platforms at Shoreham-by-Sea at 05:45 AM.

At Kings Cross there were two armed police outside the station - I saw a stop search at East Croydon on the way home and was advised armed police were outside Newcastle Railway station this morning.

This country must be on Level 1 security alert.

With perverts like you about that is most reassuring :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
clapham_gull said:
.. and now I can't hear the television for helicopters outside.
It's probably just your neighbour's new Sony Surround Sound system.:lolol:

The most surreal sight for me today was walking up on to the usually sleepy platforms of Three Bridges station to find two policeman with massive sub-machineguns beadily looking at me. Certainly wasn't gonna sprint for that train already on the platform :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lots of police at Brighton station every morning and evening rush hour at the moment.

Though the even larger number present this morning may have had something to do with the fact that BBC South were filming and the Assistant Chief Constable of Sussex was prowling around

:lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
nottinghillgatetubealert5mz.jpg

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
clapham_gull said:
The above was susposed to have been at Notting Hill Gate ? It is real ?

Yes it was real, but it was obviously not official! Written up by a passing "Chubby Brown" who had a permanent marker in his pocket. Removed quite quickly after being photographed and posted all over the internet!

Most of the police were British Transport Police (their leave was all cancelled because of the lift in security state), the Armed Response Units were collocated in major areas for the same reason. I don't think any Chief Constable wants to be in the situation of either having a bomb go off in his area, or having to face the press because someone's been shot by mistake (no matter when his bloody visa expired!)

At least the intelligence system is working at a higher level of effectiveness at the moment, people being picked up left, right and centre. I wonder how many times the last guy was tasered..!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My mate that carries a gun in the force in London has been told that they are all on 12hr shifts in Sept. This isn't done very often, the last time they did this was when G8 was on. He's wondering what intelligence knows, and what's going down in Sept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here