Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are the cops this desprate?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Criminals tend to commit a lot of crimes so I would say that most people that get arrested probably re offend quite a lot so this is a good idea.

Shoes are rather like tyres in that each one leaves what is effectively a distinct 'footprint' (sorry). Little scratches and marks on the sole can be quite distinctive. There have been murders solved on the basis of shoeprints at crime scenes before now.

Not the only evidence but as an additional piece it can help.

So no, not deperate. Quite sensible really.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Good idea. I imagine the majority of these crimes will be house burglaries, a horrible, invasive shitty thing to happen so anything that helps is good idea.

i was thinking more of they assume the burglars will wear the same shoes, each time.. now that this has been announced, would you think people might wear different shoes each time?

Think; "I'm thieving tonight, got to climb in a window, maybe do a runner if the ob get alerted..... hmm, the Doctor Marten's..... the cuban heels.....nah, I'll wear the Nike's"

They will have a print as distinctive as a fingerprint, depression where he trod on a nail, scratch where he climbed that fence, melt-mark where he put his feet up on the radiator.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least we now know that the spelling of your username was an accident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here