Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are The Albion’s Away Prices Cheap?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
As far as I am aware we have a flat rate £24 for every team that visits in the league.

However, the ticket prices Albion fans have had to pay (if I recall correctly) are:
- Pompey £30
- Bristol City £25
- Leicester £25
- Ipswich £31 (for the cheap seats no less)
- Birmingham £23
- Watford £26
- Southampton £27

None of these have had padded seats. Leicester put you in a corner. Pompey and Bristol City both have pillars in the way as can Ipswich depending on where you sit.

Granted we over charged away fans while at Withdean. However, if we upped away ticket prices to £27 we could (very roughly and basing only on an adult price) make about £4,500 extra for 1,500 travelling fans or £6,000 if they bring 2,000 per game.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think our prices are largely correct, including the away end. It isn't about what you can screw people for, it's what is fair for second-tier football. And we won't be in a position to complain about REAL over-pricing (eg Ipswich) if we just follow suit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Granted we over charged away fans while at Withdean. However, if we upped away ticket prices to £27 we could (very roughly and basing only on an adult price) make about £4,500 extra for 1,500 travelling fans or £6,000 if they bring 2,000 per game.

But there is, I believe, some sort of 'you can not charge away fans more than you can charge home fans for equivalent' seats. So if we charged away fans more we'd need to charge North Standers more. And if we charge North Standers more, then other areas of the ground would rise also.

I suspect you'll get your wish for the 2012-13 season though...

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
But there is, I believe, some sort of 'you can not charge away fans more than you can charge home fans for equivalent' seats. So if we charged away fans more we'd need to charge North Standers more. And if we charge North Standers more, then other areas of the ground would rise also.

I suspect you'll get your wish for the 2012-13 season though...

I thought this might be the case. That said with virtually the entire ground is season ticket anyway, if you put the match day price up, marginally modified the season ticket prices to include a further slight reduction you could probably keep the home ends price virtually stagnant in real terms.

It would then just be the odd cup game, which could be against lower league opposition so would have a discount anyway (even if the starting amount is £3 higher).

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Some League 1 prices from last season:
MK Dons £25.00
Bournemouth £19
Southampton £22
Charlton £25
Peterborough £20

Saints therefore look to have gone up a fiver on last years price.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are not cheap. the other clubs charge too much for second tier football.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Leeds look to split their games into Category A and B. Leeds United | Tickets | Latest ticket news | DETAILS OF ALL FORTHCOMING GAMES...

Cardiff was a Cat A and therefore shows:

Reserved Seating
Ticket Only
Adults @ £36
Seniors 60+ @ £29
Under 16yrs @ £25
Wheelchair/Ambulant Disabled @ £29
Carers @ free of charge

Cardiff City | Tickets | Away Tickets | Away Tickets | LEEDS AWAY TICKET DETAILS

Prices for Bristol City away at West Ham:

ALLOCATION
City have been given an initial allocation of 2,212 tickets in the Sir Trevor Brooking Stand, lower.

PRICES
Adults - £32, Senior Citizen (65+) - £19, Under-16s - £5.
Ambulant disabled prices are: Adults - £16, Senior Citizens (65+) - £9.50, Under-16s - £5, Carer - FREE.

Bristol City | Tickets | Away Tickets | Away Tickets | WEST HAM AWAY TICKETS

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Hmmm, best not go up then................. -
equivalent prices to West Stand upper at Falmer

Arsenal (v West Brom Albion) West stand upper centre £70 :eek::eek:, behind Goal Upper £50

Tottenham (category A games/Catagory B games) West Stand Upper £80 or £57
East Stand RESTRICTED VIEW - cat A £47, Cat B £38

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

eh? We charge less than the rest of the market for the same product. I would think that is the definition of cheap

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
eh? We charge less than the rest of the market for the same product. I would think that is the definition of cheap

Nope I think that we are charging what fans should pay for this level of football. £24 is not cheap.

£10 - £15 would be cheap.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

Yep. I used to pay £3 back in the early 90's to watch Coventry play in the Prem. Happy days.

I actually think that the relative price to watch football is expensive now. If you work at KFC for example how could you afford to go regularly? How are these people supposed to get involved? I look around at the Amex and see very few young people. I caught some of the Leeds game on TV yesterday and the ground looked half full at best, 20k fans yes but 20k empty seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here